18|Flukes & Fudge

In loving memory of Robbie Coltrane,
our perfect Hagrid

❃.✮:▹  ◃:✮.❃

7th Year of Hogwarts❃

❃.✮:▹  ◃:✮.❃

"IN LIGHT of recent events, mandatory defence classes will be given every week," Dumbledore announced to the students gathered in the great hall. A tsunami of complaints started and was killed with a raise of Dumbledore's hand. "SILENCE! It has been decided for your own safety."

Eloise scoffed and glared at the Slytherin table. "For our own safety," The brunette shook her head. "He says that like half those twats haven't tried murdering us." Eloise pushed some mashed potatoes around her plate before scarfing them down.

"It would be better to expel all those little bastards, or better yet throw them in Azkaban" Marlene huffed. Sirius gazed over to the green and silver table where he saw his little brother listening to something Therese and Evan Rosier were discussing. The two Blacks made eye contact which they held for a moment before Sirius looked away.

"They won't do anything at school, the teachers wouldn't allow it," Frank reasoned, one of his arms laid draped over Alice's shoulders. "We'll have to learn the most we can in those classes to beat them out there."

James threw an arm over Sirius and Peter's shoulders with a grin. "We don't need to fear, we are far superior. We're going to win this war and kick the little lord between his legs." Peter frowned at James and Sirius laughed.

"Sounds like a plan mate."

Alice shook her head at the two boys. "This is serious--"

The Fortescue girl was interrupted by Sirius, Eloise and James who in sync pointed at Sirius and said. "That's not serious, he's Sirius." "That's not serious, I'm Sirius."

Choosing to ignore the infantile joke she had heard a million times, Alice proceeded. "We don't know who we'll be up against. They might be strangers, but they could also be the people we sat next to for years or even our friends," Remus shuffled on the bench and Eloise nudged his knee with hers. "We can't joke about this, no matter how much we want to."

Dorcas sighed and sipped her tea. "You five," She eyed the Marauders, James, Sirius and Eloise more than the others. The five teens in turn stared back at Dorcas frozen in time, James had been mid-bite and held his spoon in his mouth still. "Stop challenging Slytherins, we don't know who they know or what they will do after school."

"But it's fun to see them all riled up," James whined, then eyeing Lily who was suddenly very interested in a scratch on the table. "Besides more than half of the lot deserve it." His hazel eyes flickered to Eloise who sipped her tea in rare silence.

"In the wise words of the Blue Öyster Cult, we don't fear the reaper," Sirius belted with a smirk. "So we sure as hell don't fear some soiled prissy children."