17|Welsh & Wonderful Women

❃.✮:▹  ◃:✮.❃

Summer holidays 6th year❃

❃.✮:▹  ◃:✮.❃

"ARE YOU sure your parents will think I'm not stuck up?" Eloise insisted for what must have been the millionth time. The girl was clad in an orange and red dress with bell sleeves and a raised waistline. Considering that Eloise didn't actually own any dresses or skirts save for her school uniform and a few formal gowns, the girl had borrowed the dress from Marlene. Now the two girls were nearly the same height but the curves that Marlene had, Eloise didn't and vice versa, resultedng in an ill fitting attire.

Remus glanced down at Eloise and bit his lip to stop himself from laughing, the way Eloise had even tied her hair partly up. The boy gently took hold of Eloise's elbow, stopping her. The girl raised a brow at him and he undid the clip before shoving it in his pocket. "You look amazing, Elo," He pulled her along. "Besides, they have met you many times before."

The couple trailed down the cobblestones that formed a crooked path which led to the chipped green front door of the house where the Lupins resided. Small wildflowers were busy peeking their way through the stones, but the flowers which demanded the attention were the ones on the trellises on the wall. The stony surface hardly visible from underneath the large flower patch.

"But then I was your friend and not your girlfriend," Eloise waved up and down at herself. "I'm amazing but not really daughter-in-law material."

Shaking his head, Remus threw his arm over Eloise's shoulders and buried her into his side. Remus curled Eloise into his chest and rested his chin atop her head. "Never thought I'd see the Foxtail worked up over parents."

Eloise shoved Remus away with a huff. "Well I have to do this well because I can't get back at you with my parents," Eloise muttered, and before Remus could give any sign of pity, Eloise took the brass knocker and made their presence known.

It was Lyall Lupin who opened the door. It was always interesting to see just how much Remus was the spitting image of his father, from their eyes down to their posture. Lyall had sandy brown hair like Remus and brushed it to the side nicely, he had the same  and frame as Remus. But the biggest resemblance must have been the way the two men's lips curled up identically.

"Hey Dad." Remus surpassed Eloise and the two men shared a warm hug. After the tight embrace that made Eloise's stomach twist, the two pulled apart.

Lyall Lupin peered down at Eloise. "Hello Eloise, it's good to see you again." The man rested a hand on Eloise's shoulder and he pulled her inside as she greeted him back. The Lupin looked around outside to ensure there were no dark presences nearby.

In the midst of Eloise's greeting, Hope Lupin came bounding towards her son with her gardening gloves still on. The mother and son greeted one another happily, but if Eloise hadn't known better she could have easily thought Hope to be Remus' ancient aunt or perhaps even grandmother. Disease had eaten away at the woman and left bags under her eyes, canyons in her skin, desert patches on her head and a good amount of silver in her hair.