14|Hiding a Scandel

❃.✮:▹  ◃:✮.❃

6th Year of Hogwarts ❃

❃.✮:▹  ◃:✮.❃

DAY HAD barley broken when an owl that belonged to the Zhang flew towards a certain window at the Ravenclaw tower and started to pick at the glass mercilessly. The ticking on the glass woke up Olivia Green, one of Quinn Cho's roommates.

The girl groaned and shoved her glasses up her nose and got out of her bed and begrudgingly dragged herself to the window, opening it for the rusty eostrix. Olivia took the letter from the owl's beak and red the name on the front.

Olivia walked to Quinn's bed and shook the girl's shoulder until the Chinese girl woke up with a frown. Olivia didn't say anything, she only shoved the letter in Quinn's hand and returned to her own bed where she rolled over and fell into a deep slumber once more. Quinn mumbled an incoherant thanks before she opened the letter she knew to be from her parents.

Her anxiety had been through the roof for the last few weeks and her parents' reply would ease her worries or increase them. The simple silver cross she always wore burned against the skin of her neck as she read over the words.

☆——⍟——☆

"Our wall had been looking empty, boys," Eloise proclaimed with her hands on her hips as she looked at the Marauder's prank wall. She pressed her lips together trying to date their last addition to the wall.

"Well you have all been to busy snogging to do anything worth-" Sirius was interrupted by James shoving a pillow in his face and pressing it down on Sirius' face. "HEY! NO NEED TO BLODDY MURDER ME YOU RAKE!" Sirius screamed, only for the Pillow to be shoved onto his face yet again, muffling Sirius' screams of how James was a murderous git.

Remus closed his book and put it on his bed before trailing over to Eloise by the prank wall, he stood slightly behind her, peering at the wall over her head. The brunette leaned back against Remus' lanky frame and he carefully draped an arm over one of her shoulder, only for her to grasp his wrist and pull him closer to her.

Scraps from the Daily Prophet had taken over a large part of the wall, each article reporting a murder or a kidnapping. Still they kept glueing their pranks onto the wall beside the Daily Prophet articles where they planned to turn corridors into swamps and set off dungbombs in the Slytherin common room. It seemed so cruelly duel. Adult matter and childish matters side by side.

Remus pressed his lips to Eloise's hair before he stepped away and took a piece of parchment and a quill. While Sirius and James continued to nearly murder one another, Eloise wiggled herself in between her boyfriend's arms and looked down at what he was writing in his neat handwriting. "Hmmm?"