12|A Long Night in Silvery Oaks

.:▹  ◃:.

Easter Holidays 6th Year❃

.:▹  ◃:.

LILY, THE Marauders and a sad amount of wedding guests found themselves huddled up in the waiting room of Silvery Oaks. Many of them now wore bandages and were curled up under cloaks and blankets. The Weasleys had left after a few hours, and everyone understood and would let them know about the condition of the others. Bill, Charlie and Percival shouldn't have to spend time the day at the hospital into the deep hours of the night.

Lily had calmed a little bit in her seat, she was desperately trying to force herself to read something. Anything. Benji had threaded a hand through Sirius' hair, the younger boy had eventually fallen into a quiet slumber. His head rested on Benji's lap.

Soft snores left Peter and Quinn's sleeping forms, they were entwined in each other's arms and Quinn's wounded leg rested on a table atop of a pillow. Benji had pulled a thin blanket over them before he persuaded Sirius to rest.

The newly wed couple was incomplete, Fabian was still being treated by healers. And so Valentina and Gideon had found solace in each other, they were attempting to play wizard's chess but neither of the two was truly trying.

Many other patients and their loved ones had come and gone and they had all watched the group with pity. But no one could really do anything.

Eloise's nerves had skyrocketed and she had been pacing so much so that Remus assumed her trail was engraved in the floor. She hadn't had the time to change yet and still wore her pale yellow dress that now had blooming red flowers on it. Watching her closely, Remus had to force himself not to cry. Rarely had he seen her that hopeless.

Not even when Hufflepuff had destroyed their house during quidditch.

"Foxy."

The girl continued to pace.

"Elo." This time Remus had gotten up and grasped Eloise's shoulders, making her look up at him. Silently Remus reached down and wrapped his arms around her, slightly lifting the elder girl off her feet. Quiet sobs racked Eloise's body and she buried her face deep into Remus' neck, staining his dress robes. Remus let out some of his own little cries as they stood there for a moment.

Eventually they pulled apart and looked each other in the eye before looking away uncomfortable. "Uhm... should we go to the cafeteria? We might be able to get some tea and cookies." Remus rubbed his neck, awaiting Eloise's answer, which was a simple nod. They quickly informed their friends where they were going before leaving.