⫷ 5 • See Through The Lies ⫸

It's been 3 months. Albert, Steve and I as well, exchanged letters with each other. After the orphanage visit, Albert got an expression that I like Louis. So, he always talked about him in hid letters and also about William. I don't mind his misunderstanding. I do find smol Louis adorable. I also talk about meeting them and how fun it was spending time with him and Steve. I guess, Steve already knew I can't cut ties that easily. Albert sends one letter a month. So, it was his third letter where he wrote about his family adopting William and Louis. He stated those two are taking time to adjust but never wrote anything about how they are treated. Obviously, he can't tell a child something serious. But he invited me and Steve to visit them.

Steve, on the other hand, sends letters irregularly like once a week, twice a week, and then after 2 weeks later.

One day, Albert and Steve ended up visiting me and from there, we went to visit Moriarty's mansion together.

After 2 hours of journey, we rested in the living room along with William and Louis. We greeted each other and talked.

"Jane, you seem to grow a lot within these 3 months." William said with a surprised expression. It's all thanks to my good diet and training.

"Yes! I eat my veggies properly!" I said with a grin. I kept my training a secret. I already told my parents by saying I want to look elegant in front of everyone or no one will marry me. Thankfully, they took it seriously. Steve was trying to not laugh listening to my replies.

"Oh, that's nice!" I gotta feeling that he is starting to figure me out. In the future, I'll make sure to associate less with them.

"But, Louis don't look fine. Are you alright?" I turned to Louis and worriedly ask. I remember around this time he was ill and used to get seizures at night. William was very worried about him.

"He's not fine at the moment. But, Sir Moriarty is taking good care of him. So, there's nothing to worry." William explained.

"That's right, Jane. He'll be fine." He remarked while patting my head.

"That's good. Then Louis should also rest for now until he gets better." I sympathized.

"How can I rest when you two are here?" Louis stated.

"Don't be like that, Louis. Go get some rest or me and Jane will be sad." Steve suggested.

"You can rest, Louis. Don't be burdened like that. You're also a part of Moriarty now." Albert reassured him. Louis felt a little comfort by his words and decided to rest.

"Okay, brother. Then I'll go now, bye Jane, bye Steve." He finally agreed. Later on, Albert also went away along with Steve. Actually, Albert had to do some business, Steve joined him with some excuse. Now, I was left alone with the future Lord of Crime aka little William. We were in Albert's room.

"I heard from Albert that you love reading fairytales." William said while searching around the bookshelves.

"Yes! I do."

He finally took out a book of my interest and handed it to me.

"Here! You may like it." I looked at the book.

"Blazing Blood?" I read out the title. A horror story? "But it's not a fairytale, William."

"A story with suspense is more interesting than a plain fairytale. Don't you think." I gulped at his statement. Because I do secretly read horror stories at home which I've stolen from father's library. I was unable to say anything further. I was just staring blankly at his cunning smile.