⫷ 32 • Invitation ⫸

It has been half an hour and fortunately they didn’t involve me in this case. Sherlock is being serious about the murder since his dear friend John Watson is suspected to be the culprit. Meanwhile, William as well, carefully doing his job to find the culprit. 

My friend, Alice, was calmly sitting in front of me. Her light brown hair was tied up and a clean bun and some of her hair were lightly brushing her shoulders. I must say she is indeed beautiful. That is why many men want to marry her but she is not interested in anyone. Unlike my father, her father listens to her wishes and lets her do what she wants. I kind of envy her.

Anyway, after listening to Alice, I’m not sure how to feel about it. Perhaps, I should be relieved that he cares about me in some sense. The William I know is someone who certainly thinks about others so it is evident. It is strange but my heart pounds heavily. 

It is all Alice’s fault! What does she mean by ‘there may be more meaning to it.’? 

Wouldn’t he listen to my request right away if that was the case? He handed me to that fucking fox, made me suffer through torture by him. I think he would have been more careful if he truly cared for me. 

Whatever the case, I don’t want to think much about it. I took a deep sigh. 

Soon, the case came close to its end. Lestrade also called us where everyone gathered to ask some questions since the incident took place right next to our room. Due to the loud noise of the train, we were unable to listen to anything so we explained Lestrade without wasting time. Later, all the suspects were gathered. Sherliam were there too. I took a quick look at William and our eyes met. He smiled at me and I felt my blood rush to my cheeks. I still tried to smile but it turned out awkward so I turned to Sherlock to avoid his gaze. Sherlock gave me a strange look as if he was asking what was going on. 

"Um, Miss Hellem, you and your friend can wait here if you wish. Holmes wanted to have a conversation with you." Lestrade stated. I'm not sure what he's up to but it won't hurt to have a small talk with him. First of all, it must be obvious for Sherlock that we were not involved. There was no reason to call us here. Although there were few other passengers too.

However, I'm still curious.

"I would gladly wait but I would like to know what matter he wants to talk about." I asked. Alice must be wondering why Sherlock is approaching me when I didn't even meet him during noahtic. Maybe I should have told her about that part by twisting it ….a bit.

"Ah well, I don't know the details but he said it was about the time when you last met him." 

"I see. Then we'll be waiting here once he's done with the case." I smiled at Lestrade.

"Thank you." He bowed to us and returned to where the main characters were standing.

"Jane, what was it about?" Alice crossed her arms in suspicion. Well, I actually told her that I met him after Noahtic as well. Though, I only said I met him and nothing else. Explaining to her the whole thing would be problematic.

And I also added one thing. *laughs nervously*

"Well, I already told you. He may be interested in me……..?" I whispered to her nervously. I know Sherlock is suspicious of me, that's why he always tries to approach me whenever he gets an opportunity.

"It seems my Jane is quite popular." She joked. 

"What the hell?! No way! And please keep it down. What if they hear you." I whispered in panic.

"Haha, Yes. I'll stop with my jokes then." She continued to chuckle while I pouted. “So, do you like him? That detective, I mean.” She looked serious.