⫷ 25 • My Choice ⫸

The man I believed to help me through this pain, who abandoned me when I deeply trusted him, is now in front of me beaten till he loses his consciousness and is tied up. 

I don’t want to see his face. Not now, not even in the future! I feel anger but my heart hurts to even think I made a mistake trusting William. 

‘Just take him away from him.’ I cried as this thought haunted me.

Now, my parents….. My parents had to face the consequence of my actions. If only he was by my side, maybe they wouldn’t have lost their lives. 

That’s right! That man over there is your partner in crime. William James Moriarty, the lord of crime...hahahaha!” That sickly fox laughed devilishly gazing at William. He walked away from me.

Look at him!” He went up to him and held his jaw to raise his face. William looked like a dead body being held by those men. “That Lord of crime came here to kill me but he forgot that I’m the real boss here. Now, I’ll do him a favor and end his miseri-……” He continued. I was looking down on the ground still in shock after what I’ve been through.

*BANG*

However, a gunshot from deep inside the forest was heard. Everyone got silent for a while. I stopped thinking for a span.

Oh…..looks like they are here to save him.”  Fox smirked. Suddenly, he took out a knife and threw it on the ground right in front of me. I glared at him thinking what is he up to.

So Lilian, how about we play an interesting game?” he was standing far from me. 

Huh?” 

I’ll give you a chance to kill me.”

What??” I looked at him more baffled. Now, did he really want to die? I won’t hesitate if that’s the case.

You see that knife between us? I’ll make my men release you and not interrupt you. You are free to murder me right here, right now. Sounds appealing, isn’t it?” He had an amusing look on his face. I don’t understand how he can let me do that easily.

I-”

But!! There’s more to it” He interrupted me before I could curse me. He walked towards the horse I rode here to. 

What is it?” My eyes were twitching with wrath. There was nothing more appealing than seeing him dead. I will kill him no matter what.

That poor guy over there will drown to death.” He pointed at William without looking back at me. I turned to him who was held by that fox’s men right near the lake. “He will be thrown into the water at the same time when you are released by my men. So, choose wisely, either both he and I will be dead or both will survive.” He grinned as he sat on the horse. I glance at William. 

‘Why would I want to save that traitor!’ I clenched my teeth in frustration. That’s right! Now is my chance to kill that bastard. I can’t let this slide.

The distance between me and him is the same as the distance between me and William. My whole body was throbbing. I felt anxious as the time kept slipping by. I stared fixedly at the knife lying on the ground. 

Ready..?” The fox hummed while raising his right hand in the air. 

Go.” The moment he waved down his hand I was set free and fell on the ground. Then I heard a loud splash into the water. 

They threw him. My body wasn’t responding to me.

Hurry up, my love.” That bastard called me. He was riding the horse at a slow pace as if giving me a chance to kill him. His men all went away. All of them were walking away from us.

With my wobbly legs, I stood up and reached the knife with my shaking hands. With teary eyes, I stared at the knife. When I finally grabbed the knife, I still felt some terror.

Am I doing the right thing? Can I really kill him?

Just like that!” He said as he fastened his pace gradually. I took a deep breath and got myself ready to take my revenge. 

As I was about to charge at him, I paused right there. 

William is drowning! Save him!’ A voice inside my head halted all my actions. It was piercing my mind like needles being nailed by someone on my head. I closed my eyes in frustration.

Without a second thought, I threw the knife away and ran towards the lake, and dive into it. I don’t care if that bastard runs away but I can’t let William die. I can’t let someone die like that. 

As a human who has got humanity, I will save him.

I went deep into the water until I saw William’s drowning figure. Even though I was tired I still managed to get a hold of him because of the adrenaline rush. After finding him, I swam up to the surface with all my strength. Getting to the surface along with him was difficult for me. My whole body was in pain but I have to make it up anyhow.

I finally made it to the surface. I got out of the lake and then dragged William out from there. I breathed heavily as I sat next to his lying figure. I untied his hands and legs and gave a light push on his chest so the water that got into his mouth will come out.

"William… wake up…" I mumbled as I gave light pushes multiple times.

"William…." I felt restless since nothing was happening. But right when I was about to give up, he spits out some water and coughed. 

"....Jane…? *cough*" He barely calls out to me with his husky voice. His eyes were squinting which looked like he could barely open his eyes. I removed my hand from him and looked away while sitting next to him.

Listening to his voice I felt there’s no need for me to stay beside him. 

Stay here. You are safe now. I’ll take my leave from here.”  I was about to get up but he suddenly grabbed my wrist.

..wait…” he barely spoke.

DON’T YOU DARE TOUCH ME!” I shrugged off his hand in rage. 

I just lost something precious to me. He has no idea what I’ve been going through yet he still dares to speak to me. 

You sure have the audacity to scream at your savior.” I turned around to see Moran walking towards us with his rifle in his hand. Louis and Fred were also behind him.

haha….What do you mean savior?” I sneered at him. I nearly gave a sarcastic laugh glaring at them.

He smirked listening to my question. 

William, Tell her.” Moran glanced at him.

Of course, Mr. Moran.” William uttered in a deep voice which almost got my attention. 

I don’t understand what is going on.

***************************

Hey guyss!! What do you think about this chapter?

I'm ready for your feedback!
(^∇^)ノ♪

And take care everyone! Love you!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️✨✨

***************************