⫷ 19 • Confession? ⫸

"Well, What I'm wanting to ask is..." He took a little pause. "Do you positively think you can eradicate him?" he continued.

His words hit me like sharp needles. Of course! I want to kill him. What does he expect me to say?

"Look, I don't care what you assume about my intentions but yes! I can and I WILL kill him." I boldly countered him. Nevertheless, he still had a discontented face. He suddenly smirked out of nowhere.

"Even if you are physically strong, you are incapable of handling your mental state."

"What do you mean?"

"Your feelings for him. You may despise him but deep inside your emotions won't listen to your resolve of eliminating his existence." he gave a nauseating answer.

My entire body was twitching in exasperation. He wasn't wrong. That person used to hold a special position in my heart but blinded in love, I never tried to see his dark side which resulted in the loss of my life. If only those nightmares never came to me, I would have had a completely different resolve to live with. Perhaps, a better life than the one I'm living in.

I stood up from my seat and turned away from Sherlock. I clasped my fingers that are continuously shaking.

"What do you know about my story?" I exclaimed. "You don't even know what I've been through. All you did is analyze some clues considering some pieces that you see."

"You're overlooking the fact that I'm competent of bringing out a whole story from just a few pieces."

"What do you mean 'overlooking'? I don't even know you in the first place." These kinds of tricks won't work anymore thanks to William's silly tricks of making me spit out the truth.

"Oh... Well, your little victory smirk explains a lot."

Shit! He even read my facial expression. I keep ignoring that he's Sherlock Holmes.

"Poor girl, abandoned by the people she trusted especially her fiance who is more of a best friend to her. I wonder how she'll take revenge." I heard him talking randomly. When I turned to him I saw a smirky Holmes rested his arms over the couch as William did after saying 'Catch me if you can, Mr. Holmes'.

I cursed myself for remembering that scene at a moment like this. He is just his typical self and enraging at him will be equivalent to walking on fire. Yet, I came to one realisation that I can't hate him. This thought made me sigh. I glimpsed at him and smiled which he totally found unpredictable.

"Are you concerned about me?"

"Haah!? Do you think I'm that idle to worry about random people's problems?"

I sighed at his reaction.

"But let me tell you, I was there when you were flustered at someone. Remember when I fought with Blitz?" He asked. Don't tell me he's talking about that time. "The moment I saw your expression, I came to investigate the person that I happened to notice who was staring at you and many interesting facts came out. Although, all that information was enough. Surprisingly, he specifically reached me. Furthermore, you came to find the evidence about it." He added. And yes, he was indeed talking about the time I felt like someone was staring at me.

"So you already knew, he was 'The Lurking Fox' before you got his letter. That was quite outstanding of you" I commented.

"It was obvious from the beginning." He responded.

This explains that he is aware of his existence just like me.

"I see. So Sherlock..."

"Please go ahead"