⫷ 7 • Uninvited Guest ⫸

Those ravishing emerald eyes captured my attention. Like a gentleman, he was sitting at the end of sofa that is 3 seated and on the other end, it was Steve. Albert was conversing around with Steve and Ethan at ease.

The moment he saw my figure, his eyes sparkled with determination. However, he hid it so well. For someone who don't know him, will definitely can't see his true self. I wouldn't have either, but as someone who is aware of his scheming mind made it impossible to fall for that trap.

The question is why is he here. For past 13 years, he never even once find it necessary to visit my home. So why now?

It's not like our family never met in those years. My father and brother, even Steve came to meet each other occasionally due to business meeting. Ethan and Steve both are next heir in line after all. In Albert's case, he immediately achieved the power after his parents died. But it took some years for him to actually be accepted to be capable enough to be the head. So it's obvious for them to be connected. Meanwhile, I was unable to make any contacts with him. Steve do told me about the situations that happen during meetings and about Albert. But there was no crucial information for me.

Steve looked up to me as well. His ocean blue eyes lingered when I came to his sight as if he was refraining from doing anything that might hurt me. It sadden me to see him like that.

"You've grown into a beautiful woman, Jane." Albert stood up and greeted me with a bow.

"Oh my! You as well grown into such a fine man, Albert." I commented while greeting him back.

"I really missed you, Albert! To finally see you again is really surprising." I said with a joyful look. We sat around as we talked.

"I as well, glad to finally see you after a long time. I truly apologize, Jane. I wasn't able to write letters after becoming the head. Will and Louis were also trying to adjust after losing our family." He said with a sad look.

"It's alright, Albert. I was a little upset when I was small but now I do understand. You've had responsibilities." I comforted him. I knew there is a reason behind his visit. I'll find out once we'll talk further.

"You've grown mature, Jane. I like this new side of you. Anyway, I heard from Sir Ethan that you both are equally being educated for the head position in your family. That's amazing!"

"You're praising me too much. It all thanks to our mother who let me do what I desired and father who happily agreed to let me get educated along with Brother Ethan."

"Indeed, I must admit that I envy Hellem family." Albert remarked. I just laughed and we talked nonsense for a while. Ethan told him about my engagement with Steve, about how is Louis and William are doing, etc etc.

At last, he came to the point.

"I was wondering since Sir Ethan have other business to deal with, who is going to attend the Noahtic ark?" Albert questioned. I see where this is going.

"About that, Sir Albert, even I was concerned. Someone in our family must present there. However, Father and Mother have prior meetings that day as well and I don't think sending Jane is appropriate as for now. She's still young and never went to social gathering without us." Ethan explained. That's right! You go big brother! I don't want to go there! There's hell lot of drama.

"That's unfortunate. Steve is going on behalf of his family, right?" Albert asked.

"That's correct. But why did you ask?" Steve questioned.

"Then how about Jane attend along with Steve. They are already engaged." Steve and I gave Albert a surprised look, then we looked at each other. I signalled Steve to do something and I don't want to go.