⫷ 14 • The Letter ⫸

*At 221B Baker Street*

I hurriedly looked around every corner of the room. Not leaving a single drawer unchecked. But there's nothing to be found. Yet, I didn't gave up.

"Did you checked next to that painting frame on that table?" Someone whispered to me.

I immediately went there to search and yes! There it is! A letter. I held it in my hand delightfully.

"Finally! I—" I took a pause. I was supposed to be searching alone. This had me immediately turning around to find Sherlock standing right in front of me smirking.

"Don't tell me you really thought I was drugged. Watching you desperately searching for this letter was quite amusing, Jane Hellem." He snatched the letter from my hand.

Shit! Shit! Shit! I was wearing my black cloak. Hairs tied into a pony. That's the only time I don't wear dress but something comfortable, outside my room, like a top and loose pants. In short, a totally suspicious person to Sherlock.

"I-I'm sorry, Mr. Holmes."I was unable to come up with words. I gave him sleeping drug but he ended up faking it. He must have an idea that someone will approach. I should have been more careful.

"Oh come on! Don't be shy. Just call me Sherlock." He insisted with a cheerful smile.

"Who sent this to you?" I peeked at the letter.

"You don't know? I thought you two must have known each other for a long time. That's what he said here. " He pointed at the letter. "But look at you." He sighed.

"Whatever he said. Please forget it. He's an insane person. Don't get involved with him" I urged.

"Look here." He pointed his index finger at me. "This little game, the two of you are playing is quite boring to me so don't count me in."

"Glad to know."

"But... I wonder at what extent you know about me and my brother. Not just us but...." His smile faded away.
"...many other matters." The expression on his face turned dark.

"I told you it was just a hunch about you having a big brother. There's nothing to it."

"Aah, I see! But you know what? Involving with my brother means messing with British government. So I don't care how you get the information but you better not meddle further into this or your life might be in danger. No one will come to save you. Not that I care, I'm only warning you" he took out a lighter from his pocket. "As for this letter.." he then set the letter on fire. "This stupid romance ends here." He threw the burning paper in front of us. The paper slowly turned to ashes.

"Alright. If that's the case then I won't bother you anymore, neither your brother. Thank you for burning the letter." I turned towards the window.

"Did I ask you to leave?" He bent back on his seat crossing his leg.

"Pardon?" I turned to him and uttered as I felt annoyed by him.

"Sit down."

"But—"

"I said sit down." He commanded.

I took a deep breath and sat on a seat placed in the middle of the room. Confusion was still lingering around me as I watched Sherlock sitting in front of me.

"Atlast, we are finally talking." He exclaimed. Unfortunately, yes. I like Sherlock but he's scary sometimes.

"I believe you said my matter is over."