⫷ 31 • The Murder Case ⫸

Yo professor! Fancy meeting you here.”

I slowly turned towards Sherlock with my blank gaze. The memories of this arc flashed through my mind. I realised what is about to happen today.

Jane….Jane…..JANE!” William shook my shoulder and I snapped back to reality. 

Ah.. I’m sorry” I was flustered for losing my composure. I stared down on the table to avoid their gazes but I knew they were looking at me.

Are you okay?” I noticed Sherlock held my right hand as he showed a look of concern on his face. “I’ve been calling out to you but you weren’t answering.” he was sincerely asking but he was always trying to find some other answers from me at the same time.

Yes, I’m alright. I was a bit emotional since we met after that incident. However, you handled Count Drebber’s Murder case so well and even became a famous detective in no time.” I gave a faint smile as I spoke. I’m not sure if my words were convincing but I let it out anyways. 

Sherlock laughed which almost looked prideful yet he still didn’t remove his hand from mine.

Well, As I stated before it was some reporters who sniffed out the news someone leaked. I had no interest in taking credits. Weren’t you listening?” 

As I looked around it seemed like I spaced out when they were starting up their conversation. 

But the fact that your fame has risen, you have gained more clients, have you not?” William stated with a smile.

I see where this is going.

But I have no interest in such dull, (blah blah..) cases. What interest me is-

Mr. Holmes, begging your pardon, but we were just finishing our meals.” Louis interrupted Sherlock as he should.

You haven’t even been served your dessert or digestif, right?” Sherlock checked their meal as he stated. Louis glared at him but Sherlock didn’t bother to notice. “Just let me bend your ear for a bit.” he frankly requested William.

At some point, I forgot that I’m a part of this scene and severely craved popcorn to enjoy their conversation. 

I don't mind. We were started to get bored-"

"Umm….sorry to interrupt but.." I know my timing was wrong but I was quite uncomfortable. "Sherlock, why aren't you leaving my hand?" I pointed at his hand. 

All three men stare at the hands for a while. William, who was going along with the dialogues of the story finally noticed and was staring with a calm expression. I don't know what the hell is going in his mind.

"Why? You don't like it? But you said you loved me, so I don't think it would be that uncomfortable to you. Besides, Are you forgetting how intimate we were in bed last time?" Sherlock smirked.

I was bewildered by him. Wait..! Is he calling our small fight the other way around? I can't even say what exactly happened since he was squeezing the truth out of me and I keep changing the subject saying I love him. I can feel those brothers gazes stinging me. I didn't want to see their expressions so I looked away.

Come to think of it, I was on top of him. 

I blushed thinking about that. I snatched my hand away from him as I covered my cheeks which were flushed red.

"It looks like you have gotten very close with Sherlock." William smiled at us. But it looked like a forced smile. I guess he is not interested in my love life. It's better that way. I don't have to tell the truth behind that idiot detective's words.