⫷ 42 • Peaceful Sleep ⫸

*Few days ago*

It was night time. Everyone in the Moriarty manor was resting in their room. Meanwhile, Jane sneaked into the study right after entering the manor late at night. Only expecting to meet the man who has grown to adore her the most. The moment she entered through the window, she saw William welcoming her with his bright smile while putting down the book that he was reading on his study table. 

"What are you reading this time?" Jane joyfully asked as she approached him.

He glanced at the book before speaking, "Well, the title piqued my interest so I brought this book from Durham's library.”

Jane leaned closer and glanced at the book and read out the title, “Dimensional Barrier.. Wow! Is this related to mathematics again?” She squinted her eyes at him but William chuckled before answering her.

I did believe it to be related before picking it up; however, the book surprised me.” He gently brushed off the title with his fingers. “But it turns out to be a fictional novel.”

I would love to meet the author who successfully deceived our Great Lord of Crimes!” She found the situation too ridiculous and laughed wholeheartedly. He couldn’t help it but glanced at her face that flushed red from laughing. “But you were halfway through this book when I entered the room. This book is to your liking, I believe.” She whispered while leaning on the table next to him.

William held out his hand towards Jane. As if they were in sync, she put her hand on his. For them time has stopped and only those two existed for each other at this moment. He slowly pulled her closer until she was on his lap and wrapped his arm around her waist. 

Of Course the book is interesting. Precisely because it reminded me of you.” He sweetly whispered to her and held on to her small hand that was almost hidden within his grasp.

Huh? Me?..” She was visibly confused which made him smile further.

It was about a girl who used to escape reality by reading novels and she fell in love with a character of a certain novel.” 

Oh, sounds relatable. Haha

You are in love with a novel’s character?

Right! I usually read a lot so it’s hard to tell how many are there. Anyway, What happened next in the story?”

So one day, she thought to herself, ‘what if those people are real? What if there’s a wall that needed to be crossed in order to meet them?

I see. She lost it out of desperation to meet that character.” She thought to herself that it's indeed relatable.

yes, since fictional stories have no boundaries her cries of desperation was heard and she was granted with the opportunity to meet him.”

Atleast she doesn't have to die by the hands of her former lover to meet that character.” she sighed.

That sounds truly absurd." He chuckled. "But he is not supposed to fall in love with anyone. The main character in the novel." He mumbled as he caressed her neck with his lips. Jane flinched by his touch but smiled.

But he still fell for her. The man in the novel, right?" She ruffled his hair while breathing heavily. 

William chuckled as he slowly came close to her lip. They can feel each other's warm breath. William gently kissed her lips.

"He was bound to fall for her and so was she to him. It was their destiny that brought them together, is what written in the novel." He whispered after getting close to her ear. She felt tingles with his every breath.