⫷ 41 • Torture ⫸

A man running through the forest as fast as he can. His eyes were filled with fear as if his death awaited him. He tripped multiple times, crashed through trees and bushes while panting heavily. He did everything he can to keep him away from the danger that was approaching him.

Suddenly a dagger stabbed him in the back and he ruthlessly crashed to the ground with a painful groan. He was losing his consciousness but snapped back as he heard wolves howling. While lying there, he tried to reach the dagger but it was of no use. He cursed under his breath for his bad luck.

"Dammit! Why does the world have to go against me today!?" He snapped in frustration while being in pain.

He glanced towards the thud sound he heard and noticed the very girl he wanted to torment is giving him a chilling stare. He gulped at her figure. With her, every step extreme chills ran through his body. He tried to back off with his completely haggard body.

Is The Lurking Fox trying to escape? That’s funny!” She made a sarcastic comment as she looked down at him. As she approached him, she slowly pulled out something from her pocket. It looked like a remote.

He trembled and tried to move away from her.

Wh-What are you doing? S-Stop…!” He stammered. “Li-lian…wai……..AAHHHHH!” Before he could say anything else, she pressed the button and the dagger thrown by her, began making the electrifying shock and he screamed out his lungs. Then she released the button. Even after stopping his body was still trembling with the shock. However, the intensity was less so it didn’t affect him much.

At this moment, he lost his voice for a while and his vision blurred. Jane calmly sat in front of him and stared. Her expression was of those who are reminiscing about the memories they have lived. She was still holding on to those memories.

I have always known that I would never find someone who would dearly love me back then……” her voice felt heavy while reminiscing about her past life. “You, who was so perfect in everything you do, you took care of others and were praised by everyone. While watching you, I always told myself that you would never be with someone like me. I believe that you will be perfect with someone who is as good as you. So I always looked away and gave up before even trying. In fact, I never wanted to try anyway.” She painfully continued.

He said nothing but pant heavily and smoke was coming out from his body.

But then, you approached me.” She chuckled. “I wondered why would you talk to someone like me when I didn’t even try anything in return. But you talked to me and it felt like a dream. I was scared that I’ll wake up from this dream at any given moment. I didn’t want this to end.” Her lips curved but her eyes still looked dead.

She caressed his injured cheek.

But it was all a lie!” She grabbed him and pulled him close to her. “For you, I changed myself. I tried my best to be someone who truly deserves you and yet, you got pissed and killed me for that!” She tightens her grip. “Did I really deserve to die?....Well, I’m sorry for stealing your spotlight back then. It must have hurt, isn’t it?” She sneered at him and pushed him away from her.

*I’m sorry, sorry*” his voice didn’t come out but he was lisping those words and she knew.

"Huh??" She gets closer to him pretending to listen to him in a mocking manner. "That's interesting! That's exactly how your victims felt, you know?" She laughed sarcastically. She reached for the dagger and pulled it off from his shoulder.

He groaned once again.

"Don't worry. You won't die this soon." She said while cleaning his blood from the dagger with a small cloth.