⫷ 28 • Fighting Emotions ⫸

"Hey there, Jane!" He waved his hand goofily at her.

A stream of emotions goes through her veins. Her body was shaking, hands clenched into a fist. Tears formed over her eyelids, almost making her vision blurry. The two men were watching her in silence. 

Steve was standing while leaning on one side of the entrance, watching her with his fake smile. He was ready for her wrath. Meanwhile, William was witnessing Jane who was showing multiple colors of emotions at once.

She got off her bed and slowly stepped towards Steve and stood in front of him. She looked fuming with rage, trying to stop her meaning asking for your death.

"So, you've got explanations for why you hide everything from me?" She hissed while glaring into his deep blue eyes. She was emitting a dark aura. His eyes remained still. Not showing a single emotion he is going through. He was always been like this. But in that moment, she couldn't think about how he acts. The only thing going through her mind was being betrayed by the one she wholeheartedly trusted.

"What do you think? I don't plan on explaining anyth-

Jane punched him real hard on his left cheek. He crashed to the wall behind him. William didn't react much because he knew this would happen. Steve also signalled him to not interfere while Jane started acting up.

She pulled him by the collar and gave another hit on his untouched cheek. She don't want to hurt him but at the same time she wanted to beat him into a pulp.

"SAY SOMETHING! ATLEAST LIE TO ME, GODDAMMIT!" she screamed at him but he kept silent. She was gritting her teeth, her eyelids were holding teardrops that were about to drop-down. Her body was twitching as she kept glaring.

"Jane." Just when she was about to blow another punch, William interrupted. Her hand stopped in the midair. William stood beside her but she didn't even glanced at him. Her attention was already consumed by Steve.

"At this rate, he might get injured. You probably won't want that." He insisted.

Steve had his head down while she was holding him by his collar. He refused to make eye contact with her but his lips were curved in a smile. Watching that, Jane refused to leave him due to utter annoyance.

"It's good to see you lively, Jane." Steve chuckled with his swollen cheeks. She pushed him away to the walls. She had enough of his words.

"Get out of my sight." She whispered in her breath.

"*Sigh* yeah, yeah, I'm going now." Steve pulled away from the wall as he stood straight while holding his left cheek. Jane clenched her fist listening to the playfulness in his voice. 

William on the other hand was looking at them with a dull expression. He didn't meddle in their argument. He just let the scene unfold in front of him which was unusual.

"Do you really not care about me?" She sounded like begging for his acceptance. Steve barely took one step as he got questioned by her. He paused, not showing her the expression he had made. Meanwhile, her eyes were jerking in hope.

"To be honest, just believe what you want to. We have to leave together this morning since our trip to France ends today along with everything. Get some rest." Before leaving, he sprouted out those words and continued to go back to his room. She felt shunned and her heartfelt so heavy. All she wanted was to run away from all this mess and keep running.

Steve left for his room. William and Jane remained in her room. She was numbed. However, somehow she managed to collect herself while wiping her tears, she turned to William.