⫷ 35 • The Next Day ⫸

What have I done?

I opened my eyes in complete panic. In the blurry vision, I started to accumulate my stream of memories from last night. The last thing I remember is throwing up on Moran. Hair all messy, my clothes were changed into a  fresh pair of shirts and pants. The clothes seemed loose but comfortable. I closed my eyes again in complete guilt while covering my face with the blanket.

It's all Albert's fault! I want to erase yesterday somehow. I ended up spouting about my past life. I hope they find my words about the manga as something stupid and let it go. That's why I usually control my liquor intake. But these Moriarty brothers are making me insane. And Von….

"Oh! looks like you woke up." The man slid his chair to stand up and slowly approached her. I flinched by his voice because that man is none other than Von. "It's alright, Miss Hellem. You don't have to hide, William explained to me about you." 

What did he explain to him?

I slowly peeked out of the blanket. He was working on his new gun. It was quite a scene to see how joyful he looked. I slowly sat on the bed and tried to untangle my hair. I also checked if there's any drool on my face since Sherlock traumatized me back then.

"First of all, I apologise for my rude behaviour last night. And…" I glanced at my clothes. "...my clothes?" I hesitated.

"About that? It's not your fault anyway so don't worry about it. Ah! After you threw up, Louis took care of you and helped you get changed." I lowered my gaze as my face flushed red in embarrassment. That means Louis saw it all. "Don't worry! He said he didn't look at you while changing." As if he read my mind, he replied to me.

"Really?" I felt a little relieved.

"Well, That's what he said." 

"I see."

Somehow he doesn't sound convincing.

"By the way, Fred left a letter on your behalf that says you'll be away for a few days for business work. Since you didn't inform your family about your stay here, William decided to do that." Von stated as he reached his cane after tidying his suit.

William is only covering up for the things Albert messed up. Anyway, it's a good sign for my revenge on the fox.

"Alright. Sounds good."

"Now then, I have some errands to do so I'm taking my leave. I'll let Louis know that you are awake."

"Ah wait! Sir….Von?" It felt strange calling him like that.

"Yes?"

"Can you make a certain something for me? I can guarantee it might be helpful to you." Or not! But the main thing is I need him to make it. I tried my best with my pleading voice. 

"Uuhh…. Miss Hellem, that is.." Looks like he won't accept that easily.

"Sir Von!" I immediately get off the bed and almost fell since my whole body was in pain. "Aahhhh" I gave a small screech.

"Please be careful," sweat was forming on his forehead as he rushed to me. He may be blind but he can sense where I am exactly. 

"Sir Von, I know you have a keen knowledge of weapons and you're also a genius engineer. There are many more things I would like to add but now is not the time to do that. It is enough for me to come up with my request. You just have to create some devices." I urgently raised my voice while trying my best to convince him. He sighed as he paused.