⫷ 27 • Leisure Talks ⫸

"It's me, William. May I enter?" He politely pleaded.

'What is he doing here late at night?' She wrinkled her eyebrows wondering. She took a pause and thought about messing with him.

"If I say no, will you go away?" She asked, attempting to sound tough.

"Well, yes." He straightforwardly answered. It didn't take much time for him to understand what she was doing.

"Alright then, NO! you can't enter." with a heavy tone, she ordered.

He silently chuckled at her teasing. He cleared his throat to play along with her. It's not every day he gets to be playful as right now.

"There is an important matter I would like to discuss. In that case, there's always tomorrow to do so." He turned away from the door. Jane could hear his footsteps as he was walking away which made her anxious.

"NO, wait!" She quickly sat up on her bed as she spoke. His footsteps stopped. She walked towards the door and opened it. William was standing a few distances away from her since he was almost leaving even if he did as a joke.

"Come in." She glanced at him. A smile curved to his face when she approved him to enter.

"Very well." he replied.

She offered him to sit on the couch where he sat the last time he visited her room and she sat on the other seat. William felt a strange relief as he saw her near him. Also, a strange impatience as he was away from her.

He wanted to see her, that's all he felt.

He glanced at her wounds while she was returning to her bed to sit there since she was injured.

"Looks like Fred helped you treat her wounds but you haven't used your ointment over your bruises." William inquired.

"Ah, yes! I was thinking about using it before I went to sleep." she responded.

"Or maybe you just felt too tired to use them." he chuckled.

"Huh?" She flinched at his words since she wasn't planning to use the ointment due to laziness. "Ah.. besides,....I saw Sherly-, S-Sherlock getting arrested before I left Baker Street. Is everything going well?" Sweat formed around her temples as she stammered in front of him. All she wanted was to change the topic but she felt like she made more trouble instead.

William didn't say anything. Gazing nonchalantly into her golden eyes with his usual smile as he was sitting with his left hand supporting his face from one side. She could feel her gaze.

"Everything is going according to my plan. You don't need to worry about him. By the way, you are quite friendly with him. I heard you confessed to him." He glanced as if he's interrogating.

Jane gasped as she heard what he said. She didn't have romantic feelings towards Sherlock or anyone. But the situation made her obsession with them to say something that misled them into thinking like that.

"Well,....yes. it seems." She looked down at her hands as she tried to escape from his questions.

"How long have you known him?" He questioned. She was confused as to how to answer this question. How is she supposed to tell them that the first time she saw them was in her previous life. Her eyes were looking around hoping for a good response, forgetting the fact she was being read by William.

"I...it was long ago. I don't remember exactly when I came to know him..." She scratched her head while pretending to think.

"Was it long before you came to know me?" He asked a surprising question which made her stare at him in awe. There was something unusual about his question.

She squinted her eyes in suspension. Her only question was what he was trying to confirm by asking that.

"I have known you first." She wanted to ask regarding his question but preferred to stay silent.

Right after that, his expression changed. His face looked expressionless except his scarlet eyes which were softly gazing at her. She doesn't understand what that meant neither did he.

"I see." He mumbled to himself.

"I would like to know what has happened to that fox bastard. There's no way you would go that far to get beaten by his men for no reason." Finally, she asked questions she was most curious about.

"He doesn't know yet but he's been in our hands. So Jane, from now on, all you have to do is forget about him. He is not your problem anymore." He clarified with his fixated gaze.

"What do you mean he's not my problem anymore!? I want to be the one who ends his life!" She exclaimed at him.

"Jane, killing someone is a huge burden. You can't live at ease once you commit such sin."

"I DON'T CARE, WILLIAM! I CAN'T FORGIVE HIM!" She screamed.

William stood up from his seat and stepped towards her. His calm gaze fixated right into her sharp stare. She was angry, frustrated, exhausted, and whatnot. He sat beside her and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Look at me. Of all people, I know you understand how I feel after murdering countless nobles. What do you think about how I feel after dirtying my hands with their blood?" He had a grim expression on his face.

"You know, aren't you?" He curved his lips into a smile as he continued but his scarlet eyes still held the pain he wanted to hide. She was speechless. She could feel his pain.

"Why would you think that?" She asked.

"That's because it is you, Jane. I don't know to what extent but you can see it."

"William...." She took his hand that was on her shoulder and the other one that was resting on the bed into her hands. "These hands, dirtied by killing those devils are also the hands that saved countless innocent people and I know you will continue to save more in the future." She gave a warm smile to him as she held his hands tightly. His eyes were slightly wide open in surprise. He felt the warmth but couldn't completely escape from his sins.

"I will." He smiled cheerfully even his eyes looked clearer than dull. He looked peaceful.

"So William, are you planning to kill him?"

"Precisely."

"If you don't let me kill him, I won't let you or your team do that either."

"Then who's going to kill him?"

"That's-" she was interrupted before she could finish her words.

"Why are you plotting murder while holding hands?" Steve came out of nowhere which startled them. To be precise, Jane was the most startled one. She immediately left William's hands.

"Steve!" She blurted out loud.

"Hey there, Jane!" He waved his hand goofily at her.

*******************************

Hey!!! Wishing you all a good day/good night
(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤

I'm sorry for keeping this chapter short. A lot is going on in Real life that I couldn't get myself to write (kinda had writer's block👉👈). But I finally posted!!!!!!
( /^ω^)/✨✨✨

I'm nervous about this chapter lol. *Cries*

Thank you for reading!!!!❤️❤️

*******************************