⫷ 15 • The Lurking Fox ⫸

"Welcome back, Jane. I heard about your plan from brother Albert." William mused.

"I see."

"Hey! Jane." I glanced at the couch Steve was sitting on.

"You're here too?" I didn't even noticed him.

"Rude."

"You almost sleep for like 24 hours. Are you fine now?" I asked remembering how troubled he was for last few days.

"I was feeling a bit drowsy but after having tea Louis made, I feel good now." Steve explained.

"That's nice then." I replied.

"Louis' tea can solve any fatigue. Don't you agree, Steve?" William said bringing back my attention to him.

"That's true." Steve replied. But why is his eyes are shaking just by replying to him? William smiled at him then he finally look at me.

"Jane, come take a seat. I was about to tell you something."

I took my seat next to Steve while William was still standing in front of the desk, both hands rested on the desk. He bent down a bit to put his weight on it. At the same time, I was scanning Steve who is acting strange since I returned. I'll ask him once we return to our rooms.

"Since both of you are finally here we can discuss about it. We have got an interesting news about your secret lover or whoever he is to you." William stated. I got cringes when he called him 'my secret lover'. Dude, I wanna torture his ass once I find him!

"What is the news?" I sighed.

"Can you guess?" He tilted his head.

"Please, just tell me what you found. I'm not in the mood to play games." I replied. Just why he's all zestful today? I just came back after dealing with Sherlock and now look at him. One pointed a gun at me while the other playing 'Guess who?'.

"haha.." he gave his small chuckle. Afterwards, he took the seat in front of us. Atlast, his eyes turned sharp. He looked ready to murder someone. I mean, ready to talk seriously. "The Lurking Fox."

Both Steve's and my eyes almost popped out listening to what he just said.

"W-What are you trying to say?" Steve stuttered.

"Exactly what you're thinking." he answered.

"Y-You mean he is...." I too begin to stutter. He nodded in reply.

I paused right there, remembering all the secret news about 'The Lurking Fox'. Normal civilians don't have any idea who he is but in dark world that exists around us are well aware of him. Thanks to Steve and my sneaking out at night habit that had me exposed to this title. Steve knew him because of his various connections. I'm not sure how much he know about him. We just never discussed much on it. We thought of it as a myth. The anime was only about the Lord of Crimes and the famous Detective, Sherlock Holmes. There was no such thing as 'The Lurking Fox', so how can I take it seriously.

"Looks like you both are aware of his existence. I'm surprised." William commented.

"We do but... are you sure about him? I don't think someone with that title is real. You must have been misinformed." Steve tried to assure William as well as me. The rumors about him are no joke.

"We thoroughly searched around which resulted in what we came to know." William clarified.

"AAHHH!!!! I shouldn't have neglected that!" I grabbed my head from both side due to immense pressure that title gave me.