⫷ 34 • Believing The Unbelievable Truth ⫸

*Back during the time Jane was handed over to Lurking Fox by William*

"So you guys want me to confess how much I know?" Steve smirked. 

William, Albert, Louis, Moran, and finally Fred, all had a stern look on their faces. They all were curious as to what truth they were about to hear. Out of everyone, William stepped forward and glanced at Steve who was sitting on a seat while being surrounded by them. They all looked threatening but Steve just smiled.

"Let me proceed with the questions. Is there someone who provides you with details about us? To be precise, someone whose identity cannot be revealed easily."

"Hmm… you have thought through a lot. I'm impressed." He sounded satisfied. "However, your hypothesis is wrong."

"It's not like our secret is easy to unfold. This gives a conclusion that she knew it by herself, and that is impossible for her." William stated.

"That's right! That idiot knows many things that even you don't know about." Steve narrowed his eyes as he replied. His grin turned darker. Everyone was bewildered.

Moran was extremely pissed that he was about to punch the hell out of Steve but Albert stopped him just by signalling Moran with his eyes. Fred clenched his fist since he is capable of sensing an unknown presence but he never even once felt someone monitoring them. He felt useless at that moment. Meanwhile, Louis was shocked and worried at the same time. He can't determine whether the girl he knew is her friend or a foe. He never considered Jane as a bad person. However, he was still frustrated by the fact that she knew a lot about them. 

But the question was 'how?'

"Very interesting." William was the only person who wasn't shocked at all. "Steve, you are from a well-respected noble family. You can have anything you want whether it is materialistic or not. However, in this world, you would never achieve great protection from anyone even if you have money. But, I, William James Moriarty can offer you that protection only if you agree to let us know about how you and Jane got such crucial information regarding us." He put his hand on his heart as he gave his assurance.

"Hahaha! I see you are determined to make me spill."

"We only want to resolve something that may create conflict in the near future. It is important to acknowledge the root of the problem before it's too late. It is not like we are not offering our hospitality in return. We promise you to be your ally." Albert stated while holding the glass of wine. His eyes were gleaming in a threatening manner.

"Well, that's a great thing you are giving such an amazing offer. I'm quite pleased. So, will you be able to believe it?" Steve tapped his fingers on the armrest of the couch.

"Give it a chance." William replied. Everyone was eager to know. Moran easily showed that expression of restlessness along with the tapping of Steve.

"Hmm…" Steve rubbed his chin with the index finger, pretending to think joyfully. "Before you get the wrong idea let me tell you, there is no one who is leaking your secrets. So rest assured. Secondly, Jane is the only person who knows almost everything about you and I myself don't know much about you guys. Lastly, it is better if you don't find out how she knows it all. Just because she knows doesn't mean she is a threat to you guys. So it will be better to ask the girl if you really want to know. As long as she's comfortable speaking the truth, I don't mind." 

"We have other methods to let out the truth as well." William put his hand over Moran's shoulder. Meanwhile, Moran was glaring at Steve. He was ready to turn Steve into a punching bag.