⫷ 13 • The Talk ⫸

Author's POV

William sat on a seat placed near the window. Jane, still on her bed, covered in her blanket and was sitting. William was in his usual attire.

Steve who usually stay by her side outside her home when her nightmare gets over, had suffered from sleep loss after Noahtic which made him sleep like a log. All because of that guy who returned to torture his dear friend, Jane.

Jane was admiring the outside view. Her golden eyes were glowing in the nightlight. William's scarlet eyes fluttered at her view. The girl who was crying a while ago, now have a serene smile on her face.

She finally glanced at him.

"Ah, it's beautiful, isn't it? The night sky." She started.

"Indeed. I'm glad it is to your liking."

"Yes." Just when she replied, something clicked her mind. A thought which made her froze at the moment. "But William....." She fixed her eyes on him as she continued. "Did he tried to contact you?"

He gave a curious look to her. "And why would you think that?" He questioned back.

"I'm acquainted with you and....." She stopped before letting out Sherlock's name.

'Sherlock Holmes' story was well-known in my era. There's no way he wouldn't know about Sherlock' She thought to herself about her past life.

"Is there anything else?" William tried to make her spill the words.

"Actually, I'm afraid he might approach you." She didn't lied here just hid her other thought.

"I see." He knew she omitted something. "In that case, you can rest assure. Fred is watching around outside the manor."

"I'm relieved to know that."

"Jane, do you remember that person?"  She looked at him wondering who is he talking about. "Who approached you when we first met on the ship." His eyes still on her, wanting to know how she'll react.

"Ah, him! Yes, I remember." She raised her brows as she realised. "He's also the guy who kicked Duke Blitz near the stage. That scene was unexpected."

"That's correct. He turned out to be an extraordinary person." He remarked happily.

"Yes, he's an amazing detective."

"How did you know he's a detective? You never talked to him again after that incident." He sharpened his eyes, watching her falling for his traps. On the other hand, Jane gritted her teeth, mentally blaming herself for being careless.

"Alright!" She sighed. "I know him. He is Sherlock Holmes, a private detective consultant. He's not that famous."

"And?" At this moment, Jane regretted making him stay here with her.

"I know, you are thinking about testing him." She let it out with a long exhale.

"Ah, you knew. What do you think will be the result?" William asked with an amusing look on his face.

"I have uncertainty regarding this question since I don't know him well." She responded.

"Haha...You just don't want to say it, isn't it?" She felt a little annoyed at his chuckle.

Meanwhile, William started to get more curious about her. She had a different aura compared to other ladies. She was physically strong but not mentally. From the time he first saw her, she grabbed his attention. He wanted to know what she meant when 5 years old Jane told him about wanting to survive. He always felt she has more to her than she shows. The fact that she knew about him being Crime Consultant peaked his curiosity.