Chapter 1

Xia nodded her head to the beat of the music which was blasting through her headphones, working on her newest composition.

She should probably be practicing piano but Kun, her older brother, wasn't home yet and she knew he would definitely nag her about it when he returned.

The Qian siblings were both students studying at Neo City's renowned arts college as music majors, living together away from their home and family in China. The Qian's were very happy to hear that the girl would be following her brother's footsteps, but she soon learned that their passion for music lied on opposite sides of the spectrum.

Kun valued the basics and theory, always telling Xia that she needed to have good knowledge in order to make good music. On the other hand, Xia was the complete opposite, going with whatever her heart desired.

Coming from her conservative family that only listened to classical music, Kun's style was the preferred one, which Xia soon learned after blasting electronic music once and earned a scolding from her mother. From then on, she kept her preferences to herself.

"Ugh, something is missing." Xia mumbled with a pout as she listened to her track again, trying to figure out what it was. She didn't get very far though as she heard the front door opening, signalling her brother's return.

Crap, crap, crap!

Xia frantically closed all the tabs as soon as possible, hoping that she had remembered to save her work before opening another one.

"Mei, did you eat yet?" Kun asked, opening the door just as Xia hit play, playing the classical composition that she had made, making sure it was loud enough for Kun to hear through her headphones.

"No, I was waiting for you." Xia said, holding in her sigh of relief as she slid her headphones off and turning around in her chair. "Need help?"

"Yes please." Kun said, giving her a small smile. Xia could tell he had caught a glimpse of her computer screen and was thankful that she had closed all the tabs in time.

"I'll be right there, just let me save this first." Xia told him, saving the file that hadn't even been changed.

"Okay." Kun said, closing the door to her room.

The second Kun was gone, Xia let out a deep sigh, sinking into her seat.

Xia loved Kun, she really did. He was a great older brother and took care of her so well but at times, he felt more like a parent than a brother. Most of that were around her ideas with music.

Well, guess I'm done for the night, Xia thought as she got up, bringing the folder of piano music out with her as she exited her room to join Kun in the kitchen.

...

"You're doing what?" Hendery exclaimed as he saw the form on the table that Yangyang was filling out, the name of their college and its logo in the corner.

"I'm dropping music." Yangyang said, checking the boxes he needed to.

The two boys shared a small apartment in Neo City, not far from their college. Not like it mattered though, since Hendery owned a nice white Audi R8 which he drove Yangyang to school in.

Not to mention the amount of races he's won with it.

Hendery was one of Ten's friends that Yangyang met at a race. He was also another dance major who was closer to Yangyang's age, being only a year older. Yangyang instantly clicked with the male, the two becoming close friends. When Hendery found a nice apartment for two that he wanted to rent, he immediately asked Yangyang to be his roommate, and the younger gladly accepted.