Chapter 16

When Xia woke up that afternoon after a long night of working on her track, she realized there were a few messages from Yangyang, asking when he should come over so they could head to the night club together.

Xia was too exhausted to type back so in her half-asleep state, she decided to call the male.

"Hello?" Yangyang said as he answered the phone.

At the sound of his voice, Xia realized what she had done and sat up, clearing her throat.

"Oh, um yeah. Hi." Xia said, running her fingers through her hair to smooth it down.

She heard Yangyang chuckle from the other side. "Did you just wake up?"

"Yeah, I did." Xia confessed, making Yangyang laugh again.

"No worries, do you have a time for me to come over now?" Yangyang asked.

"Yeah, do you want to come over for dinner and then we can head to the club together?" Xia suggested.

Xia heard mumbling and another voice from the other side and assumed it was his roommate Hendery. She couldn't help but smile to herself as it was obvious that the two males were arguing.

"Hey, sorry about that but yeah, that works perfectly. I'll see you in a bit then." Yangyang told her, making her smile widen.

"See you later Yangyang."

...

"You know, I really don't think she's going to care about whether you button that button or not." Hendery said from Yangyang's bed, where the male was lying, scrolling through his phone.

"Okay but I do." Yangyang said, eyeing Hendery from the mirror. It was already embarassing enough that Hendery was giggling during his entire phone call with Xia, imitating him. Now he was even more nervous than he originally was.

Yangyang wasn't even sure why he was so nervous as he fiddled with the button on his shirt, deciding to undo it. He was wearing a black pattered shirt and black jeans, a signature outfit that Ten told him could never go wrong with impressing a girl, but he still felt butterflies fluttering in his stomach.

"It's just Xia." Hendery said, smirking as he looked up from his phone. "Unless you like her."

"Don't assume things." Yangyang mumbled but judging by the way Hendery shot up, it was clear that he wasn't convinced.

"Oh my gosh, you do like her!" Hendery exclaimed. Yangyang could feel his face getting redder by the second.

"No, it's not that!" Yangyang argued but Hendery was already singing and dancing around the room.

"Yangyang has a crush! Yangyang has a crush!" Hendery belted out. Yangyang began to chase him around their apartment, but Hendery showed no signs of stopping.

"I'm supposed to be the younger one around here!" Yangyang called out as Hendery fell onto the couch in a fit of laughter.

Not wanting to ruin his hair that he had spent the longest time styling, Yangyang let out a deep breath, putting his hands on his hips.

"Stop looking at me like that, I'm driving you to her place." Hendery said, a wide grin on his face.

"Whatever." Yangyang said, grabbing his backpack that contained a hoodie just in case he got cold. "Let's just get going, Xia's waiting."

"Your girlfriend's waiting." Hendery said with a giggle before running out of their apartment like a child before Yangyang could smack him.

...