Chapter 17

If Yangyang wasn't as tall as he was, he was certain that Xia would have noticed him blushing as he let Xia snuggle close to his body as they waited outside the night club. His heart was racing inside him though, and he hoped that Xia thought that was because of his excitement and not because the girl was resting her head on his chest.

Thankfully, the line was beginning to move and soon Xia and Yangyang were inside the club, the girl pulling him so they were as close to the DJ's booth as possible.

Yangyang took deep breaths, trying to distract himself but all he could focus on was the fact that Xia and him were holding hands as they navigated through the club.

"Can you even see the DJ from here?" Yangyang said, questioning the girl's choice in location.

"It doesn't matter if we can see him or not. We just need the best place to hear his tracks." Xia said, pointing to the speaker that was a few feet away. "And this is the perfect place."

"Whatever you say." Yangyang said, his happiness beginning to feed off hers.

Yangyang honestly had never seen Xia so happy as her hands were clasped together like she was making a wish, waiting for the DJ to appear.

Cute, Yangyang thought to himself as he stared at the girl.

Very cute.

...

Xia was freaking out.

The DJ was already halfway into his set and Xia still couldn't believe she was there, witnessing him in real life. It was honestly a dream come true.

Xia still made sure to turn around every now and then to make sure Yangyang was enjoying it as much as she was. Judging by how starstruck the male looked as well, it was clear that he was having a great time.

The music volume was lowered at the track came to an end and Xia watched as the DJ picked up a microphone, waving to the crowd.

"How is Neo City doing tonight?" The DJ hollered, making his audience go wild. He chuckled before continue.

"Wow, that was some great energy, I love it. For the next half, I want you to grab somebody, anybody, and dance your hearts out as you jam to the tracks I've prepared. Lay it all out on the dance floor, everybody!"

Xia let out a small yelp as she felt arms wrap around her but relief washed over her when she turned around to meet Yangyang's face.

"What are you doing? You scared me!" Xia yelled out, trying to be louder than the music that was starting to play.

"You heard him." Yangyang replied with a smirk. "Dance with me."

Xia's eyes widened. "Yangyang, I'm a music major. I suck at dancing, especially compared to someone like you who dances for school."

"This isn't school." Yangyang replied, giving her a light squeeze. "We're at a night club listening to your favourite DJ perform. It's about enjoying yourself and having fun."

As if to prove a point, Yangyang spun her around before pulling her close to him again, so close that his lips were brushing her ear, sending shivers down her back.

"Xia, come on. Let's just enjoy ourselves and forget about everything. And that starts with Kun."

Xia couldn't help but smile, nodding her head.

"Fine. But don't judge me too hard." Xia said as Yangyang moved back to meet her eyes, staring right into them.

"I won't, I promise."