Chapter 15

As much as Xia wanted to confront Yangyang about what Xiaojun had said, she couldn't. There just didn't seem to be a right moment for it.

It didn't help that with Kun gone, she was taking advantage of it, working on her tracks as much as possible. She had even taken out the equipment she had been hiding, transforming the entire corner of her room. She was so busy working on her own tracks, that she didn't really have time to talk to Yangyang about street racing.

Not to mention that Yangyang seemed busier than ever. Xia did ask him if he wanted to work on music with her during her breaks between classes, but the male would hop in, get straight to work and leave as soon as they were done. Xia still enjoyed spending time with him, but it was clear that he was just as busy as she was.

He never forgot about their weekend plans though, and Xia wouldn't let him either. The two ended up conversing about their shared excitement instead of street racing, and honestly, Xia didn't mind that.

Xia was getting a little sick of her own home though, which is why she decided to go with Xiaojun to work that day. Plus, she had been spending a lot of time away from her best friend so she thought she owed him that.

"You're not with Yangyang or in your room." Xiaojun pointed out as Xia exited her class, a smirk on his face.

"I mean, I can go straight home if you want." Xia replied as the two made their way to the parking lot of the school.

"Ah, relax, I'm just kidding." Xiaojun said, poking her arm. "No need to be so grumpy, I thought you were happy that Kun's gone and that you're going to see that DJ this weekend."

Xia sighed, running her fingers through her hair. "I am, there's just a lot on my mind."

Xiaojun gave her a smile, rubbing her back. "You'll get it figured out, don't worry."

The two chatted about their music courses, discussing the big song production assignment Xiaojun was working on. Soon, Xia was settled at her usual table again, working on a song.

While she had paused the track she was working on, Xia heard a bell ring, making her remove her headphones and turn around.

That's weird, no one goes through the front door unless they're new around here.

Xia caught sight of a male that was probably around her age considering the way he acted but his outer appearance made him look a lot younger. He was skinny and small, wearing gold wired-frame glasses.

"Hi." The male said with a smile, giving Xia a wave. His voice was also soft, like an angel's. "Do you work here?"

"No, I don't, I'm just a friend of someone that works here." Xia replied, glancing at Xiaojun and his boss, who were both busy. "Um, I guess you can wait here until someone's free to help you."

"Sure." The male said, taking a seat at the table beside her. Xia noticed that he was staring at her screen.

"Are you a music student?" The male asked. Xia nodded her head.

"Yep, at the college. You? Do you study here?" Xia asked back.

"No, I'm just visiting here with a friend." The male said with a light chuckle. "Whatever you're working on looks cool."

"Thanks."Xia said, smiling back but she couldn't help but feel a little out of place and awkward. I hope Xiaojun finishes fast.

"Neo City seems pretty nice." The male said, cupping his face in his hands as he leaned on the table, staring at the two males working. "You like it?"