Chapter 21

"Qian Xia, where do you think you're going?" Crap.

Xia inhaled deeply, turning around to face her brother. She was hoping that her brother wouldn't have noticed that she returned home if she tiptoed to her room but that was clearly not the case.

"I was just going to drop my bag off." Xia said, faking a smile.

"You can explain yourself first." Kun said, crossing his arms. "Now go."

Xia sighed, dropping her bag to the ground. "I don't get what the problem is. I'm literally a full grown adult and you still treat me like I'm five. Gege, I can literally live on my own, why can't I go out and have fun, date who I want to?"

"Because you know how baba and mama will react to it." Kun told her. "And as the older brother that's living with you, if you get in trouble, I get in trouble."

"Well then just don't tell them." Xia responded. "You're not their spy plus I call them regularly too with updates with school. Just because baba and mama wants to live in the 19th century, doesn't mean that you and I have to too."

"Xia, it's not just that. What about school? How are you going to focus on school when you're distracted with a boy in your life? Don't think I haven't noticed you avoiding your piano practice."

Xia's hands were beginning to clench into fists, her anger starting to rise. "Me not practicing piano isn't because of Yangyang. It's because playing piano doesn't have anything to do with what I want to do in my life."

"Yeah because you want to be a performance DJ or whatever." Kun said, waving his hand. "Why can't you focus on a proper music career?"

That was the last straw for Xia as she threw her hands up in frustration.

"Oh my gosh, Qian Kun, why do you think and act like my parents all the time! You're my brother for goodness sakes and you're not even that much older than me, only four years! Just because I'm not following in your oh so perfect footsteps does not mean that I'm going into a proper music career! I'm sick and tired of hiding my true passions and true dream away from you because I'm afraid of what you think. This is pathetic, you're pathetic!"

Xia picked up her bag, making her way to the door as she walked passed her brother, purposedly shoving into his shoulder.

"Yah, where are you going at this hour?" Kun yelled out as Xia opened the front door.

"Literally anywhere but here." Xia said before slamming the door behind her.

...

Yangyang was settled in a chair, Hendery in another one as the were seated around the small living room. Yangyang was eager to heard what Ten, Renjun, and Winwin had to say, the whole situation confusing him.

"So as you know, like us, Winwin is a street racer." Ten started.

"A damn good one too." Hendery mumbled, making Ten shoot him a look.

"I was." Winwin corrected. "I was a good racer, until I crashed and almost died."

"But you didn't!" Renjun said brightly before letting it fade. "But we're not here to talk about that."

"We're not." Ten said with a sigh. Yangyang gulped as Winwin turned towards him, an intense look on his face.

"I wasn't any street racer, Yangyang. I raced for another person, someone from a wealthy family. I was scouted here in Neo City, and then brought to the other parts of the world to race others, winning money not just for myself but for the family as well."

"That's a thing?" Yangyang asked, confused. The others in the room nodded.

"It's common for wealthy families to place bets on racers. Lot's of money on the line and entertainment too" Hendery told them. "Secretly how the Macau Grand Prix works, but let's just pretend I never said that."