Chapter 29

"Lucas?" Yangyang exclaimed, shocked to see the man inside the limousine. He could tell that Xia was equally surprised.

"Hurry up and get in here, both of you." Lucas instructed, smiling from ear to ear. "It's cold."

Yangyang could only shake his head in disbelief as he let slide in before entering beside her, closing the door behind him.

"You're Renjun and Winwin's boss?" Xia asked, making Lucas laugh.

"Yes, I am." Lucas told them, confirming it. "I am the man that makes everyone's dream's come true, although I kind of owe it to my wealthy family. But tonight isn't about me, it's about you two."

Yangyang still couldn't believe the man that had gave him the car of his dreams was the same man that was in front of him now, about to let Yangyang achieve his dream of being a street racer.

"Let's begin with Yangyang." Lucas said, adjusting himself so that he could see Yangyang better. "How do you like your new car?"

"It's amazing, really amazing." Yangyang told him. "The horse power on that thing is wicked, and responds so well to movements."

Lucas chuckled, satisfied with his reaction. "That's good to hear. It seems like you're doing very too, congratulations on winning your first big race."

"Thank you." Yangyang said, smiling back at the man.

"Anyways, as you know, I take on street racers to travel the world and race for me and my family." Lucas told him. "The last racer I took on was Winwin, but he told me that he thinks its time for him to retire, which is why I'm looking for new people. After seeing your skills tonight, I think you'll be a good fit, what do you think? You want to race for me?"

"Is that even a question? Of course!" Yangyang exclaimed, making the three of them laugh.

"That's great to hear." Lucas said before shifting his attention to Xia.

"Now, let's talk about you."

...

Xia was glad that Yangyang was finally on track to achieve his biggest dream but as she felt Lucas' eyes on her, she felt nervous.

"I heard from Renjun that you want to be a performance DJ, is that true?" Lucas asked.

Xia hesitated for a moment before nodding. "Yes it is."

"Hm." Lucas said, tapping his chin in thought. "Renjun did tell me you were good and I do trust him but I also want to hear you perform myself before taking you on."

Does that mean that I won't be joining? Xia thought, feeling even more nervous than before.

She felt Yangyang take her hand, giving it a squeeze. Xia mentally thanked him, the squeeze helping her calm down.

Lucas perked up, capturing Xia's attention again as he lifted a finger up. "Ah, are you free this weekend?"

"Um, yes." Xia said, wondering what the man had in mind.

"Great, why don't you perform at the night club my family owns." Lucas suggested, making Xia's eyes widen in surprise.

"Seriously? You're letting me perform?" Xia exclaimed, unable to believe what Lucas has said.

"I know you're good, Xia. I just need to know how good." Lucas said with a giggle. "So it's settled then?"

"Yes, thank you so much for the opportunity." Xia said, smiling brightly.

Lucas nodded his head, clapping his hands together. "Well that's all I had for you two. It's getting late so I won't keep you any longer and it was a pleasure meeting you."