Chapter 24

Yangyang could not believe that he had just bought the car of his dreams as he held the keys in his hands.

This has to be a dream.

"Someone pinch me." Yangyang whispered at he stared at the bright red Porsche, Xia beside him.

"Can't I just tell you this is real?" Xia said in reply, making Yangyang blink a few times before turning back to Lucas.

"Thank you so much." Yangyang said, politely shaking Lucas' hand. The man only laughed, a smile on his face.

"It's my pleasure. I hope to see you race in it some day." Lucas told him.

"Oh, if you're around, you definitely will!" Yangyang replied full of confidence, only making Lucas chuckle again.

Yangyang watched as Lucas checked the time on his watch before putting his arm down.

"Well I have to head out but it was a pleasure meeting you, Yangyang. Best of luck on your upcoming races." Lucas said.

He gave Yangyang and Xia a wave and a nod before walking away, disappearing into the crowd.

The second Lucas was gone, Yangyang felt Xia grab onto his arm. "So when are you going to take me out for a ride."

"How does tonight sound?" Yangyang suggested, smiling as he stared at the girl beside him. Before Xia could answer, they heard whistling from behind them and they turned to see Hendery, Ten, Renjun, and Winwin all there.

"That's a nice ride." Hendery said, shoving himself through Xia and Yangyang as he stared at Yangyang's new car. "Really damn nice."

"It is." Ten said, nodding in agreement. "Congratulations, baby."

Yangyang could feel his cheeks began to burn as Xia shot him a look. "Yah, I told you not to call me that!"

Ten giggled as Renjun met Yangyang's eyes. "Did you meet boss?"

Yangyang sighed as he remembered why he was here in the first place. "No, I didn't. Guess he's not interested."

"I don't think so." Winwin said quickly. "Just because you haven't spoken to him, doesn't mean he's not watching."

"That's true." Ten said, crossing his arms. "Now that you have your own car, you can race whenever you like."

"Wait really?" Yangyang said, staring at his mentor. Ten nodded his head, giving him a smirk.

"Heard there's one tomorrow night."

...

Xia watched as Yangyang started the car engine for the first time, happy like a child on Christmas as it roared.

"This is so exciting!" Yangyang squealed but Xia had to admit, she was a little nervous.

"You're not going to crash, right?" Xia asked, making Yangyang chuckle.

"No, I'm also not going to do anything crazy for the first bit." Yangyang said as he began pulling out the parking lot, the car meet already ended. "But in an hour, it might be different."

"Should I be scared?" Xia said as Yangyang drove onto the street.

"Relax Xia, I know what I'm doing." Yangyang reassured her. He felt him grab her hand, which as reassuring that usually was, this time, it made her feel the complete opposite.

"Yah, two hands on the wheel!" Xia immediately exclaimed, moving her hand away from Yangyang's as he giggled.

"You know, you only really need one." Yangyang said, placing his free hand on the gearshift. "And if you're driving straight, none."