CHAPTER 48

BELLAMY SAT IN A ROOM FOR HOURS, WAITING FOR SOMETHING TO HAPPEN

Anything.

But the longer they waited, the more likely the remaining of the 100 would be in danger.

The door behind him opened and he turned to see Kane enter the room, "How long are you gonna keep me locked up in here?" Bellamy asked,

"Until I'm confident you're no longer a threat to others." Kane grabbed a chair and sat down, "Let's continue. Now you said there were hundreds of Grounders attacking. 200, 300?"

Bellamy rolled his eyes, "I didn't count."

"Why do you think they attacked? What provoked them?" He questioned,

"We were here. That was enough." He answered, "We're wasting time. The others didn't just vanish into thin air. They were taken, and we need to go after them." He insisted,

"Search team is prepping to leave but not before we've gotten the intel we need from you." Kane informed him,

Bellamy moved to sit in front of the acting Chancellor, "I need to be on that team, please." He begged.

And it takes a lot for him to beg. Especially to Kane.

"That's out of the question. You're not trained. It's too dangerous."

"Those are my people out there." Bellamy stated,

"They're my people, too. You want to help them? Tell me what we're up against... Grounder tactics, their numbers, what kind of weapons they used." Kane urged,

"Arrows and spears, axes, swords, their teeth." The older Blake answered,

"No guns?" Bellamy shook his head, "You had guns."

"The guns we found at the aid depot leveled the playing field, and maybe, maybe if we'd had more bullets, we could have..." Bellamy trailed off.

They could have won. Not some many lives would have been lost.

"There were more bullets." Kane stated, "Search team just returned from the bunker. They found two more barrels full of rifles and a third filled with bullets."

Bellamy swore in his head. They had a chance. They should've done more, "We should have looked harder."

The door opened once again and two guards dragged a bound Murphy inside. Bellamy stood up and narrowed his eyes at the traitor, "What's he doing here?"

"Excuse me, sir. Dr. Griffin cleared Mr. Murphy out of medical." Byrne told the Chancellor,

Kane glanced at Bellamy for a moment, noticing the hate in his eyes, before standing and moving his chair, "Put him over there, Major Byrne."

Bellamy shook his head in disbelief before he was forced to sit and his hands were tied in front of him, the same done to Murph.

"Well, this should be fun." Murphy commented,

Sounds of gunshots filled the air and all the guards ran from the room, Kane following. Bellamy panicked, it could have been the Grounders coming back for revenge.

Or it could've been the 100.

It could've been Avery. Or Octavia. Or Clarke.

Bellamy stared at the wall in front of him. He had nothing to do except think. That, or make conversation with Murphy. Which he refuses to do.

All he could think about were the kids who were taken. Where were they? Were they killed, or are they being held hostage?

His heart dropped in his stomach at the thought of them being dead.

They heard Raven's screams filling the air. They must've been removing the bullet from her back.

"Yeah. That was me at the Grounder camp." Murphy spoke up, "You know, I did everything I could not to scream, but eventually..."

Bellamy interrupted, "... but eventually, you broke and you told them everything."

"And you wouldn't have because you're better than me." Murphy smirked,

"Damn right. I'm not a traitor. I didn't tell them where they could find us." Bellamy looked over at the boy,

"And I did. Yeah, I did. After they tortured me in their prison camp for 3 days, but go ahead. You just keep believing, even if you are in here just like me." Murphy replied,

It was dark out when the doors opened again. Bellamy was nodding off when Finn appeared in front of him, "Get up. We're going after them."

He cut the restraints off, "It's about time."

The moved to leave the room when Murphy spoke up, "Wait, wait. What about me?"

Bellamy glanced to Finn, who shook his head. He leaned down to grab the bolt cutters before approaching Murphy.

He had been to the camp. He knows where they are.

Murphy flinched back and Finn moved to stop him, "Wait. No! What are you doing?"

Bellamy cut his restraints off that kept him attached to the grate, but not the ones to release his hands, "He's coming with us."

"No way." Finn scoffed,

"He's been to the Grounder prison camp." Bellamy explained as he lifted him from the ground.

"He's right. Ok. I can bring you there." Murphy stated,

"Hey. Sterling just signaled. Someone's coming." Monroe informed them,

Finn nodded before the four of them ran out of the room. They snuck outside, staying out of view from any of the guards. They made it outside the camp and made their way towards the woods,

"You don't think anyone saw us?" Bellamy asked,

"Shh. Keep it down." Finn shushed him,

They wove through the trees before being met with a light in their faces. Bellamy stared at Captain Miller, thinking they were caught.

"You're late." Dr. Griffin, Abby, stated,

"Bellamy decided to bring company." Finn replied,

"He's the only person that's been in their camp." Bellamy reasoned,

Abby and Captain Miller handed them guns. Well, except for Murphy, "Here. Find my son. His name is Nathan Miller." Bellamy nodded,

He was planning on finding all of them,

"Bring them home."

They gave her one last nod before retreating into the woods.

They were his people. He was gonna bring them all back. And he was going to make the Grounders pay.