CHAPTER 13

ONCE THE LIGHT HIT, Avery went into the forest to search for Bellamy, who still hadn't returned to camp.

A few miles from camp, she spotted a head of floppy hair and a dark jacket. It was him, the King himself.

"Bell!" He paused and looked back at her as Avery ran to catch up, 

"What are you doing out here, Avery?" Bellamy placed his hands on his hips, "It's too dangerous."

"More like what are you doing here?" She asked, stopping right in front of him, "Why are you after the radio? What did you do on the Ark?"

"I can't talk about it." Bellamy responded,

"Why not?" She took another step towards him and grabbed his hand, "You told me that I could trust you. Well, you can trust me too."

Bellamy shook his head, "When the Ark comes down, they won't pardon me for my crime."

"Why? Bellamy, what did you do?"

"I-"

"Hey!" The two turned to see Clarke running up to them, "Where is it?"

Bellamy stepped away from Avery and turned towards the blonde, "Hey, princess. You taking a walk in the woods?"

Clarke scoffed, "They're getting ready to kill 300 people up there to save oxygen. And I can guarantee you it won't be council members. It'll be working people. Your people."

"Wait, what?" Avery stared at Clarke, wanting her to elaborate,

"Bellamy." Finn came in and shoved him hard, "Where's the radio?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Bellamy responded, pushing Finn back,

"Bellamy Blake?" Avery turned to see a pretty brunette that she hadn't seen before. She assumed that she came from the pod that landed last night, "They're looking everywhere for you."

"Shut up." 

"Looking for him why?" Clarke asked,

"Wait, Clarke-" Avery began but the girl interrupted,

"He shot Chancellor Jaha."

Avery paused and stared at Bellamy, "Is that why-"

"That's why you took the wristbands. Needed everyone to think we're dead." Clarke spat hatefully at Bellamy,

"And all that 'whatever the hell we want'? You just care about saving your own skin." Finn glared,

Bellamy began walking away and the new girl followed, " Hey! Shooter! Where's my radio?"

"Get out of my way." Bellamy growled,

"Where is it?"

"I should've killed you when I had the chance." 

"Really?" She smirked, "Well, I'm right here."

Bellamy grabbed her by the jacket and pinned her to the nearest tree. They were about to stop him when she pulled out a knife, "Where's my radio?"

"Stop it!" Avery walked up to them and separated the two, "Fighting isn't going to help anyone."

"Jaha deserved to die. You all know that." Bellamy stated, walking away slowly,

"Yeah, he's not my favorite person, either. But he isn't dead." The new girl replied,

Bellamy paused and looked back at them, "What?"

"You're a lousy shot."

Avery walked up to him, "Bellamy, don't you see what this means? You're not a murderer. You always did what you had to do to protect your sister. That's who you are." 

Clarke came up behind her, "And you can do it again, by protecting 300 of your people. Now, where's the radio?"

Bellamy looked back at Clarke before making eye contact with Avery, "It's too late."

"It's never too late."