Damsel in Distress

"Wear this." Joker demanded, handing me a costume. It was purple, and tiny. Really tiny. It was a bikini with a flowy skirt kind of thing attached to the bottoms. I took it and looked down at myself. Was he expecting me to wear this? This tiny purple bikini? I took it off the hanger and fit it to my body. I put it on and wrapped a robe around my waist. The costume showed my whole body, other than my boobs and my crotch. The flowy soft fabric tickled my legs, I stared at myself in the mirror. My hair was pinned away from my face, but I knew if there was going to be any action tonight that it wouldn't be this pretty for very long. I looked around the bathroom, it was tiny and had all but one entrance. I put my hand on the knob and turned, when I pulled the door open, Joker stood before me. His painted face and colored hair newly done, his custom suit cleaned and tailored to his body. Maybe if he wasn't a psychopathic serial killer, he might be a nice guy? His eyes traveled up and down my body and I felt the goosebumps rise. He was freaking creepy. I was surprised that I hadn't been raped and or murdered yet. But wasn't I worth the world to him or something? Was I actually worth money? I must be, because Bruce was willing to pay my ransom. Joker smiled at me and took my hand, twirling me around in a circle. The purple flow of my dress wrapped around my legs and caused me to trip. Joker caught my waist and I was in a dip. His breathing was shallow on my neck and I stumbled to stand back up.

"Don't touch me." I hissed, he was hurt. But I didn't care, he was a monster. I did not pity him at all, he was a bad man.

"Let's get a move on, people." Joker yelled through the house. I was then restrained, bound and gagged. I struggled, but not as much as I would. I knew there was a chance for me to escape, but I couldn't take it yet. I was put inside a van, and I sat there alone in the back for at least three hours before we started to move. By that time, the sky was dark and I was tired. We drove to downtown Gotham, I could tell because I could hear the train and we were waiting at a lot of stoplights. Or at least what I figured were stoplights. Before I was dragged out of the car, I was blindfolded and my rope ties were replaced with handcuffs. They dragged me out of the car and carried me somewhere. I don't know where, but I was placed on a pole. I could feel the cold metal down my spine. I heard Joker laugh, and the blindfold was ripped from my face.

"Hello, Kitty." Greeted the clown, smirking at me. We were in a room that was facing downtown Gotham. One wall was all windows and the others were white and bare. "You know, I have a twisted mind." He started, starting to pace the floor. I could hear the honking of horns in the streets below. "I have..." He paused coming closer to me, his face inching forward so I could feel his hot breath on my cheek. "Fantasies." His eyes flashed to my lips. "I always saw myself as the hero, in those scenarios." He brought his hand up to my face, took his finger and outlined my jaw. "But, I know that in this one. I am the villain, and the true hero will only come to rescue his damsel in distress if the damsel is in distress." With his other hand, he stabbed the wall next to my head. I jumped, and he smiled, showing his yellow teeth. The room was dark, only illuminated by the street lights outside."Don't be scared, just be..." He stopped and thought for a moment. "thrilled, that you're here to experience this first hand." He took the knife out of the wall, and traced the right side of my face. The scar was still fresh on my cheek and he slowly reopened it. I screamed on the inside and I started to cry. He had continued to reopen my healing wound in order to ensure that there would be a scar. I tried to kick him away but he only plunged the knife deeper into my skin. Behind the Joker I saw a sudden flash of movement. He stopped cutting me and turned around slowly. "I'm so glad you received my invitation, Batman." He clicked the knife closed and dropped it in his pocket. The caped crusader stood, frozen in place fifteen feet away from Joker. He didn't say anything, his dark eyes surveyed the room, landing on me.

"What do you want with her?" The Bat asked, his voice dark and deep. Warm blood oozed down the side of my face.

"It's not what I want, or desire with her. It's you." He paused, not seeming to be intimidated by the creature. "Our nightmares define us, Batman. You of all people should know that." I watched the back of the Joker, he made a fast move and pulled out a gun. "Move, and she dies." He threatened pointing the gun at my head. He loaded the chamber and put his finger on the trigger. He turned to me, keeping one eye on the dark knight. "I'm guessing, that you're wondering who I am." Joker was talking to me, he waited for my answer. I slowly nodded my head even though I already knew who Joker was on the inside. "I am, your worst nightmare. I will be there when you go to bed, I will be in your mind when you wake up, I will be there twenty-four-seven." He turned to Batman, keeping the gun pressed to my forehead. "You're a hyperactive person, aren't you?" He asked the bat. Batman stood and didn't say anything. "Hyperactive, nocturnal, stupid." He said, pulling the trigger. I squeezed my eyes closed, waiting for the bullet to enter my brain. Instead, the building across the street blew up, blowing out the windows behind us. Joker was swept away, and knocked off his feet. He fell to the floor while Batman took the chance to free me. He smashed the handcuffs chain and whispered in my ear.