Jokers Plan

Every fiber in my body was in high alert. A cold sweat drenched my body, and my heart was pounding at an unhealthy rate in my chest. My senses were sharp and my ears strained to hear what was going on around me. Through the darkness, I could hear his laughter in the distance. It grew closer and seemed to go away all at the same time. The ludicrous scenario that he was in my house, to take me away again entered my brain. Was he that insane to come to my home and whisk me away in the middle of the night, when he knew very well that my father was home and had a gun within a foot of his sleeping position? Yes, I'd like to think that my father would scare him away. But he's the Joker, who knows what that unpredictable mongrel would do.

I laid awake, in my bed. His voice entered my mind.

"We're going to have fun, Kitty." He said, I jolted up in my bed and looked around the darkly lit room. I heard him, he was here. My heart picked up again, the only thing that I could hear in my ears was the drum of my cardiac organ. He laughed again, I saw motion out of the corner of my eye. There was a hand over my mouth, and a knife to my throat. I tried to scream, but was too terrified to react. "I told you, I know where you live." He hissed, dragging me out of my bed. My legs clunked on the floor, I kicked and tried to get away from him. "Move, and you die." He threatened, pressing the knife into my shoulder. He was losing control over me, I tried harder to get away but failed when the knife plunged into my arm. I let out a muffled scream and he wrenched his hand away from my mouth as I took a big breath to let escape a scream that would rattle the windows. Before the breath drew from my face, a big book was slapped across my face, and I was flattened to the ground. My mind spun as my hands were zip tied behind my back. The window was thrown open and he yelled something down to the lawn. I was starting to come to my senses when another goon climbed through my window. He was wearing a clown mask, and black jeans. I started to breath heavily and regain focus. The world was upside down, and I was being carried to my window. I got the wind back inside of me and I started to scream.

"Dad!" Over and over again, until all hope was lost when, after they lowered me to the lawn, I was dragged to a white van and thrown in the back. "Dad!" I screamed again, before they slammed the door. I saw my Father, gun in hand at the window. A gunshot rang through the air and a jester went down. Just the first piece of the puzzle that they needed to solve the mystery of the Joker.

***

"We, are going to play a game." Joker said, the basement still smelled the same.

"I don't want to play your game."

"I'm sorry, Kitty. You already are." He sneered. The single fluorescent light flickered uncontrollably.

"Bullshit."

"You, are just a piece of the playing board." There was a table there now, before me.

"What do you want from me!" I yelled,

"You should know, you're a smart girl." He whispered from behind.

"If you want me to love you? This is not the way to do it."

"I want you, to feel my pain."

"Pain, that I didn't cause you."

"You, are the sole purpose for my pain!" He yelled in my ear. I moved away from him, as much as I could.

"How!?" I yelled back.

"You ripped out my heart, and crushed it in your hands!"

"How!" I demanded.

"That- with that- with that bastard you call a boyfriend!" He yelled, his face inches from mine.

"He is not! Don't you dare call him that!" I yelled, he grabbed my cheeks and squeezed them together.