And Here We Go

How many times, do I have to beg and plead with him? Leave my family alone, take me instead. What do you want with me? Why don't you kill me all ready! Get the dirty deed done and over with and end my life. Harley Quinn is a bitch who's just a ploy for his games, I'm convinced. He left me alone, after he was done making me scream. I needed to get my family out safely, even if that meant dying in the process.

"Joker, please." I begged, he was half way up the stairs. He turned around and came closer to me.

"Kitty."

"I need you to let me go." I said,

"And why would I do that? When I just got you back."

"Because, if you love me. You'll let me, and my family leave."

"Remember I'm a psychopathic, serial killer."

"I know, but there has to be some sense in there." I said, he took another step down.

"The old me, left a long time ago." He glumly took the stairs by two.

"Joker! Wait!" I demanded, he slammed the basement door closed and left me alone in the darkness. The silence ensued his exit, leaving it to deafen me. My mind wandered, from frightening scenarios of rape and murder, to sweet ones of rescue or escape. I looked around the poorly lit room and spotted his jacket. I hopped in my chair, attempting to get closer to the possible way to escape. If I knew the Joker like I did, he would have left a knife in the pocket of that purple dress coat. I hopped, slowly making my progress. I faced the jacket, and hopped around so that one of my hands could just reach the inside of the empty pocket. I sighed and moved the jacket so that I grabbed a handle of a blade that was in the other pocket. I grinned and twisted the knife in my hand so that I could cut the zip tie. I sliced my wrist in the process, but it came with the escape. I snapped the tie of one and and almost cried aloud with joy. I snapped the rest of my zip ties and stood up, I fell over with a thud and froze. I listened for any movement within the house but heard nothing. I stood up and leaned against the chair that I once sat in. Once I regained my balance I crept up the stairs silently. I pressed my ear to the door and cracked it open. I saw a window, and a hallway, the lights were on, and I could hear the distant sound of television. I opened the door a little wider and stuck my head out. No one was there, past the hallway was what looked like a kitchen from my view. I saw the movement of shadows, and I ducked back into the basement stairwell. I was breathing shallow, my breath shaky. My senses were on high alert. I heard footsteps come down the hall and I froze, clutching the knife so that my knuckles were white. The feet turned around and left, I peeked out, and saw a figure disappear around the corner. I waited, hearing another door close and the garage door open. I listened to a car start and pull away from the home. I was half relieved. I stuck my head out again and crept down the hall. There was no turning back, Joker and Harley would catch me and surely then they would kill me and my family. I tiptoed down the hallway and took another shaky breath. I listened, the television had been turned off and I didn't hear anything. I looked ahead of me and spotted the phone. I took a tentative step forwards and a floorboard creaked under my weight. I froze.

"Mista' J?" Harley called, I heard her get up and the pads of her feet on the floor. "I thought you left puddin'." She said sappily. "Wanna play a game?" She asked, sweetly. I stood still, praying that she wouldn't round the corner. I heard her sigh and spin on her heel. I snuck past the opening in the doorway and into the kitchen. There were two doors to escape from, both were closed and locked tightly. I grabbed the phone and dialed 9-1-1. The receiver picked up the phone, just as the television was turned back on.

"9-1-1, what is your emergency?"

"I'm Catrina Scott. My family and I have been kidnapped by the Joker," I started, barely whispering.