Contact

Chapter 11:

Contact

I was in a desperate scramble to save my brother from further pain. I called the news station while my Mom called the police. The News Channel transferred me over to a different phone number, it was the anonymous number that sent in the video.

"Hello?" Asked a voice on the other side. I could tell it wasn't Joker, his voice was too deep.

"Are you the one that sent the video to the News Station?" I asked frantically.

"Yeah, why?"

"Where did you get it? Do you still have contact with the person that gave it to you?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think so."

"Please, can you get me in touch with him? I have to talk to him."

"Yeah sure, one second." He said, there was static on the other end as if the speaker held the phone to his chest to speak to someone else. "He'll be with you in a second. Please hold." The line went to a tone. I paced the floor and waited for five minutes before someone else picked up the phone.

"Hello, Kitty." Said a dark voice on the other side. I started to pace the room.

"What have you done with my brother?" I demanded, stomping my foot on the ground.

"Only what you saw, and lack of food and water." He chuckled.

"What do I have to do, to get him back."

"Dead or alive Kitty?"

"Alive, of course alive! I want my brother back, alive."

"We'll have to make a deal, Kitty."

"What? I'll do anything! Please, I just want my brother!"

"Come and find me, and we'll negotiate a price."

"How am I supposed to find you?" I asked grabbing my hair and tugging at it.

"I'll be in the fairgrounds." He remarked calmly. He hung up.

"No!" I screamed, I was alone. My Mom was downstairs on the phone with my Dad who was down at the station tracking something. I was a stupid girl for not having anyone around me while I made this call. I called the number back.

"Hello?" Asked the same voice that answered the first time.

"Get me Joker."

"Sorry, he just left." The guy said, he hung up. I growled in frustration and grabbed my car keys. I know I wasn't thinking, but I needed to help find my brother. I called my Dad while I was in the car. He had just gotten off the phone with my Mom who didn't have time to stop me from leaving the house.

"Dad, I talked to Joker."

"You what!?"

"I'm coming to the station now." I hung up the phone and sped into the parking lot of G.P.D. station. My Dad walked outside and practically dragged me in by the collar to the station that was buzzing with activity. He sat me down in a chair and stood over me.

"Tell- me- everything." He demanded, unconcerned with any other situation.

"I called the News station and they gave me the contact information for the person who gave them the video of Dean. I called the guy and he gave the phone to The Joker, he was with him."

"Who is this guy?" He asked, Dad barked an order for someone to contact the News station and get more information.

"I don't know." I paused, and continued my story. "Joker said he would make a deal with me at the Fairgrounds. But he didn't say when. So I tried to call back and the guy said he left."