Cold Sweat

Red Hood strikes again! This time, directly in the hearts of the citizens of Gotham City by killing their one and only, Mayor! How? Might you ask. He stabbed him in the neck with a poisoned quill, and he got away with it. How? Might you ask, um well, funny story. He just disappeared. The reaction he got, is probably what he was looking for. Total chaos within the city limits of Gotham, and beyond. School had been cancelled fear of a school shooting, half of the city is gone, because they're scared, and the police have gone haywire. My Father, for example, is going crazy that is certain, he hasn't been home and when he is, he is called out within five hours of his arrival. He really isn't happy, and neither is my Mom.

"Hey, Mummy." I said walking down the stairs in my pajamas.

"Yes?" She asked shutting the refrigerator door.

"Can Karen come over?" I asked, in a sweet innocent voice.

"Sure, is all of your homework done?" She asked.

"Yup, got it all done last night." I said truthfully.

"Good, is she gonna stay overnight?"

"I'm not sure, she got this new boyfriend and I'm not sure how attached they are yet." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Who is this, 'boyfriend'?"

"Jared Rekoj." I said flatly.

"The guy you're doing that science project with, and that I bet isn't finished." She said pointing a cheese stick in my direction. I held my hands up in surrender.

"Hey, the rest is in his hands. My part is all done." I said.

"Good, good." She paused and took a string off of her cheese stick. "Wanna watch Star Wars, later?"

"Only if the fate of the galaxy depends on it." I joked, she smirked at me and went into the living room. I popped in the old VCR and started the movie. I climbed on the couch and wrapped myself in the blanket. The phone rang. It was Karen. "Hello?" I asked.

"Hey! I'm on my way over." She paused and said something, not to me. She giggled happily and I had a huge feeling in my stomach that she was with Jared. "Is it okay if Jared comes?" She asked giggling again, great. Joined at the hip and it hasn't even been two weeks.

"Sure." I said as perkily as I could without sounding sarcastic. She said goodbye and that she would see me soon. Soon enough, I heard two car doors slam and a knock on my front door. What's with this knocking? She knows she can just come in. I thought as I got up from the couch. I walked to the door and flung it open, and there stood Jared and Karen, making out on my front porch. I rolled my eyes and slammed the door, I glimpsed them jumping apart.

"Can I open the door, or do you two need a moment?" I asked, I heard Karen jiggle the knob and I knew that I was safe from viewing anything more than PG. "Are you finished?" I asked flatly leaning on the open door. She giggled and came inside, holding Jared's hand while she entered. She passed me, I made eye contact with Jared, he locked gazes with me I looked away awkwardly.

"So, what are we gonna do?" Karen asked taking a seat at the island in the kitchen, Jared sat down quietly next to her.

"What do you wanna do?" I asked.

"I don't know." She said, looking at Jared.

"I could give you guys a tour." I suggested, Karen shrugged and Jared just looked blankly at the bowl of fake fruit in the center of the granite countertop. "We could watch a movie?" I continued, "Or," I paused, trailing off. I don't know why Karen came over here if all she's going to do is stare at Jared like he's a pot of gold. "So, Jared." I started, getting his attention. "I'm done with my half of the project." I said, he perked up and nodded.