Love and Stuff

After our third date, I started to really, really like Bruce. He and I kept calling each other after we were done with our days. My parents wanted to meet him, and Dean just wanted to play his new gaming system. I on the other hand couldn't stop thinking about him, he was the only thing in my mind. Dirty scenarios, and sweet ones too would run through my mind. Hate to say it, but girls want sex just as much as guys do. I was falling hard, as every first love.

"Hey, Catrina!" Bruce called from behind. I was walking outside around the school, to the parking lot. My heart jumped in my chest, as I turned to see him rushing towards me. He slowed down and we started walking in pace with each other. "What are you doing?" He asked,

"Walking to my car." I said, widening my eyes. What was I supposed to be doing, flying to my car?

"No, I mean after school." He clarified, I mouthed oh.

"Going home, and then..." I trailed off.

"Wanna go get some pizza?" He asked, I nodded and said that I'd meet him at the pizza shop in ten minutes. When I got there, he was waiting in his car. I knocked on the window and held my hands up in dismay. He rolled down the window and smiled cheekily at me.

"What are you doing?" I asked, he smirked at me.

"Waiting for you." He smiled and rolled up his window. He got out of his car and we walked into the pizza parlor. "What kind of pizza do you want?" He asked,

"Everything, but fish." I said, he chuckled and brushed his shoulder against mine.

"Darnit, I was hoping for anchovies." He teased sarcastically, snapping his fingers.

"Yeah, you know it's just something about fish on my pizza that just grosses me out." I said, looking up at him. He smiled and ordered a medium pizza with everything on it. He bought a milkshake and chose a tall standing table with bright red seats. He patted the chair next to me and I sat down. He grabbed two straws and put them inside the milkshake and took a sip.

"Arent you going to have some?" He asked, turning a straw towards me.

"I didn't know that I was welcome to."

"Oh, well yeah. Have some." He pushed the glass towards me and I grabbed the straw, taking a sip. He grabbed the other straw and joined me. Our foreheads touched and he crossed his eyes at me. I swallowed and couldn't hold back a laugh. "Hey, that hurt my feelings." He pouted, pushing me a bit off my chair.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend."

"Haha, I was only joking." He laughed, taking another sip. Our pizza came and we started to eat. The pizza was hot and extra cheesy, but dang it was good. I took a bite of the pizza and was completely unaware of the group that walked in the pizza parlor. Jock number one, number two, and Jared. They walked around and ordered pizza while Bruce and I were drinking our milkshake. Jared eyed he and I, jealousy burning in his eyes. He stalked around us and sat behind us. Their voices were hushed, Jared didn't engage in their conversation, he only stared at the back of my head.

"My parents want to meet you soon, Bruce." I said, resting my hand on his knee. Jared's fist curled into a tight ball, and he tried to focus on anything but us. Bruce nodded, and put his hand on my hand.

"Yeah, I know." He nodded, "I'm free this weekend, if that works for you?" He suggested. I nodded,

"Yeah, maybe. I don't think we're doing anything. What about Saturday night?"

"That will work for me." He said taking another sip of the milkshake.

"Good," I said, sharing the milkshake with him. "Now I'm excited." I exclaimed wiggling in my chair. He chuckled and leaned over to me, I thought he was going to kiss me, but he just whispered.