Hold On

*Catrina's Point of View*

"You know, I've never felt like that before in my entire life." Joker was saying, pacing back and forth in front of me. The empty bag of McDonalds sat on the table next to me, the lights were on and Joker was in his dress pants and shoes, but with a tanktop and suspenders on top. His green hair was greasy and messy, his makeup showing the signs of wear and tear. It was late in the evening, maybe even early in the morning, and he was going on and on and on about how he loved this Harley Quinn endlessly, but she was forcing him to harm me, and he didn't want to do that. He apologized for scarring my face and he said he would take it back if he could, but she had so much control over his mind. He couldn't escape the pain.

"I want you, to be happy." He cried desperately. "I dont want to be the one to make you not be happy." He said coming to his knees before me.

"You're so pathetic!" I yelled, "You say you don't want to hurt me, yet look at my face! Look at me! It's the first time you cared to feed me. I had to pee my pants, because I can't walk to the bathroom." I was seething, I was not afraid, he was not mad at the moment. I had nothing to fear. "You've told me nothing of why you want me here. You said that you cared for me and you don't want to let me go. For all I know. I'm only bait."

"Yes! Yes! That is exactly what you are, Kitty." Joker was getting excited now, he got up and started pacing. His strong biceps flexing as he stroked his arms while thinking. "I'm trying to lure..." He paused, getting a distant look on his face. He turned to me, "lure," he said quietly, he stalked towards me and grinned. His wicked smile crawling across his white lips. He reached out his black gloved hands and took my face in them. "Yes." He whispered, "I'm supposed to lure Batsy in here." He paused, inching closer to my face. "Just so Harley can kill him." He whispered, he didn't take his eyes from mine. "But I don't want him to die." He started shaking my head, trying to make me see the point to his madness. "I want to keep both of you alive." He said, looking into me. "I never wanted anyone to die. Just the people I don't care about." He let go of my face. He stepped backwards and dragged a metal chair so that it was facing me. He sat down in it and rested his elbows on his thighs and his head in his hands. "You do crazy things." He paused and smiled at me, his dark eyes coming towards me. He came closer and closer, he looked down at my lips and whispered "When you're in love." He took his hands away from his face and grabbed mine again. He pulled me forward and almost kissed me when the door to our right burst open. He looked over as a woman dressed in black skinny jeans and a blood red tube top that cut off above her belly button stood in the doorway. Her hair was french braided and teased. Her face was white, with dark rims around her eyes and bright red lipstick on her lips. The makeup was done so she looked as if her cheeks were sewn together. She held a cigarette in one hand and the other held the handle of the door. She stepped down the step onto the damp cement.

"Puddin'?" She asked, staring, at Joker whose hands had not moved from my face.

"Harley." He sighed, practically drooling. He took his grimy hands away from my face and stood up. He went to Harley and started to eat her face. I looked away as he made her moan.

"Down boy." She commanded, Joker backed off and turned around to face me. They both stepped into the light and casually stared at me. "Time to move her to the basement, babe." She rested her arm on Jokers shoulder. "It's time for her to be sacrificed." She said, Joker looked at her with lust and affection, then looked at me with pity and madness. He came behind me and lifted the chair with ease. Harley held the door open as Joker carried me through the house. I must have been in the garage, because he carried me to the unfinished basement. It was dark, and drippy, he dropped the chair and gave me a smile that I knew was meant for me. All of his words, may or maynot have been true. There was no way of knowing.