5.0

| CHAPTER FIVE |***

| CHAPTER FIVE |
***

"NIA, FIND THE FASTEST ESCAPE ROUTE".

"On it, Four".

You could hear gunshots, screams, and explosions as you crawled your way through the vent canals. Occasionally the whole building would shake, making you lose your balance momentarily. You had to get out of there, fast.

"Four, stop".

As soon as you heard Nia's voice, you froze in place and sure enough, not even a second later an explosion broke the pathway in front of you, up through the ceiling, all the way to the higher floors.

The backlash of its force, threw you back a bit, but you slowly commando crawled, inching closer to the now big hole, to get a good view of the fight taking place underneath it.

You ignored the small burn marks on the back of your hands to focus on the cause of this dent in your plan.

And as you suspected there he was. Blondie again. He was alone though, fighting twelve men at once. His movements were fluid, he probably could take them all on as he detonated explosions from his palms. But his bleeding left arm was definitely slowing him down a bit. He must have been shot.

Your whole life you'd been training to be an agent, an assassin to do the government's dirty work. The rules of this line of work were simple and could be summarized to the following:
1. Don't let anyone see you kill
2. After the job, leave the scene immediately
3. Never get captured alive
4. Don't forget the first three rules

But in that moment, you couldn't help yourself as your brain tried to convince you: you already broke one rule today, what's a second one going to do? An emotion you weren't quite familiar with took control of your body, your hands reached for the two 0.22 revolvers as you dangled the top half of your body upside down and started shooting at Akuma's men.

All the shots were fast and accurate as they found their place right between the eyes of each target. The whole thing took less than a minute and everything was going according to plan. Until the already unstable vent canal decided to give in under you, falling and dropping you with it.

"Ah" you shut your eyes and crossed your arms in an x over your chest, bracing for the impact that never came. Instead, a muscular arm caught you as another explosion detonated dangerously close to you, taking out whoever was on your right.

Blondie caught you with his right arm, forcing him to use his injured arm for his quirk, which led to a painful grunt as he knocked out the last man.

You looked up at him, his brows drawn in pain "I had it, blondie". He scoffed and dropped you but you were quick enough to balance yourself on your feet.

You didn't hesitate to rip the lower half of your top, turning it into a cropped one in the process. "Give me your left arm" you asked but reached for it yourself anyways.

"Dynamight" he hissed through his teeth as you wrapped the fabric around his wound tightly.

"Huh?" your voice laced in confusion.

"The name's Dynamight. Stop calling me blondie" he replied and once you were done, he started walking down the hallway without even thanking you.

It didn't take long for another group of underlings to surround and attack you once again. He started knocking them out in the front as you shot the rest with your back against his.

Reloading your guns, you finally said "Four."

He turned around after one last explosion. "Hah? Four? You don't have any left".

"What?" It took you a few seconds to realize he thought you're giving him the count of enemies attacking. "Oh, no. My name is Four" you clarified as you headed down the stairs to the first floor.

"What happened? One, two, three were taken?" He smirked, seemingly pleased with his dumb joke.

"Yes" you replied honestly.

"Oh" his expression turned into a serious one and you made your way out into the giant courtyard.

"They're getting away" he yelled pointing at a helicopter not too far off the ground, leaving the premises. Out of nowhere, he picked you up by the back of your thighs, making you jump on his back and wrap your arms around his neck.

"hold tight" he commanded as the explosions leaving his hands propelled you up in the direction of the chopper.

"Woaaaaaaaah".

***

Work in the darkness to serve the light ⚔️