23.0

| CHAPTER TWENTY THREE |***

***

THEY SAY TIME HEALS EVERYTHING. And that may be true for the physical wounds that have now completely disappeared off of your wrists. But when it came to your mind and spirit, time healed nothing unless you moved along with it.

You memorized the pain Dabi caused you, locked it in a box and kept it in the back of your mind. You weren't gonna let that pain hinder your progress.

Now was the time to focus on regaining your strength, on growing. The many sessions of physical therapy had given you almost full recovery in your arm and shoulder.

You could hold your guns again, aim and throw your knives. Your aim had faltered a bit but didn't take long before you were hitting the targets again.

In addition to your aiming training, you worked out with Bakugou too. His training schedule was brutal and extremely draining but it was exactly what you needed to get stronger.

Laps, weights, spars, laps, weights, spar. Over and over again, every single day. None of you had mentioned having an official match. You didn't need to. Both of your competitive natures were enough to turn every small workout into a contest.

Who could run faster? Who could lift more? Who could win a spar? Who could do more push ups?

Initially, Bakugou was beating you in all of those categories. But as you worked harder and got back in shape, it slowly became harder and harder for him to keep the lead.

Today was no different. Just like most days for the past three weeks, you were running with him, right next to him, toe to toe.

Your lungs stung and a layer of sweat covered your body but the finish line was coming up and you were dead set on winning.

He was taller and had bigger strides but you weighed less and could be faster. So you pushed more of your strength into your legs and passed the line first by barely over a second.

"Hah! I win!" you pointed at him with a smug smile, your chest heaving in an attempt to catch your breath.

He couldn't help the proud smile stretching his lips. You were doing better everyday, getting back your strength like before the accident.

He wiped the sweat off of his forehead with the back of his arm "It's not over yet, dumbass. Never drop your guard till the end. And don't get your hopes up. I'm gonna win in the end." He suppressed his smile and drew his brows to look more serious but now he just looked like he was pouting.

"Aww. Somebody's a sore loser." you teased.

"Somebody needs to shut up. Less talking more lifting."