26.0

| CHAPTER TWENTY SIX |***

***

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID. How could you delude yourself? You were alone and that was it. No family, no friends, and Bakugou....

Soon enough, there would be no Bakugou either.

"Dammit." You cursed out as you threw the lamp on your bedside table and watched it shatter into pieces.

Though the satisfaction wasn't nearly enough, urging you to reach for the alarm clock next.

Three hard knocks stopped your hand mid-reach.

"Hey dumbass, what the fuck are you breaking?" Bakugou called out from behind the door.

"Leave me alone." You yelled back angrily.

Ignoring your request, he threatened "Open the door or I'm breaking it down."

"You can't just break down a girl's door. What if I'm naked?" You snapped back.

"Even better." Bakugou retorted shamelessly before counting down "Three."

"What?" You gasped as a familiar heat overtook your body.

"Two."

You closed your eyes to calm yourself but the action only had the opposite effect. Because all you saw behind your closed lids were the messy blond hair crowding a forehead, half-lidded eyes, a strong jawline, and parted lips leaning closer and closer into you.

And all that did was intensify the heat that was now pooling in your core.

"One."

And your door was thrown into the opposite wall the moment you snapped your eyes open.

"How dare you?" You gritted out, your previous anger coming back in waves and you held onto it as hard as you could. Because the other emotion you were feeling, you were desperate to bury that deep deep down.

Bakugou smirked and you didn't hesitate to throw a knife right at his head, eager to wipe that smug look off his face.

Of course he easily dodged, just as you knew he would.

"What are you so pissy about?" He asked casually as he closed the distance between you, only stopping a few inches away.

"Touya deserved it. You said it yourself." You bit out. Though you knew he would never approve killing him. He was a hero after all.

So what were you trying to accomplish bringing it up? You weren't sure.

His face got serious, the playful smirk gone and eyes hard. "What Touya did..." he trailed off, the muscles in his jaw tight.

"You had every right to be angry." He started again. "But we can't just go around kill whoever commits a crime. There's gotta be laws. And everyone should follow them. As punishments should be accordingly. Otherwise, it'd be a total chaos."