7.0

| CHAPTER SEVEN |***

| CHAPTER SEVEN |
***

YOU SLOWLY OPENED YOUR EYES, BLINKING A FEW TIMES TO GET RID OF THE BLURRINESS, the ringing in your ear subsiding gradually. Your cheek was rubbing against the cold floor of the chopper with every slight movement it made. You kept as still as you could, hoping not to attract any attention and whispered "Nia, contact HQ".

"Contacting HQ now".

After a few seconds of dialing beeps, an operator responded "The Ten's Headquarters".

"This is Four. I have a 911 code for Dr. L".

There was a moment of silence before you heard his warm voice "Four. What's going on? I thought the target was eliminated".

"Doctor. Mission is complete. However, a group of what I'm guessing are ex-pro hero vigilantes have captured me. I need back up ASAP".

There was no response on the other end of the line. Just complete silence.

"Doctor? Do you copy? You still there?"

"Yes, Four. I heard you. Unfortunately, we can't afford to send anyone out considering you are dealing with pros. You know the protocol, Four".

"Are you suggesting a lost act?" To say you were shocked was an understatement.

"I'm suggesting you follow the rules. You have served us well Four. Now finish your task. Goodbye my child" and with that you heard the continuous beeping tone, signaling he had hung up already.

You knew it might come down to this, after all, an assassin cannot be captured alive, no compromises. But you didn't think they give up on you so easily either.

It was obvious these heroes had taken your weapons away, but you still had your throwing knives since they were inside your jacket and hardly accessible due to the restraints.

You bent your body from the waist and wiggled a bit to reach for a knife, and right when you slid it in your sleeve, a pink skinned girl came in your field of vision "oh look, she's awake!".

The red head pulled you up in a sitting position "Really sorry about that. You weren't really leaving us a choice" he rubbed the back of his neck and looked down.

"If you want to kill me, just do it already" you spat out as you mentally cursed yourself for helping the blondie in the first place.

"Kill you? No one wants to kill you. That's not very heroic or manly" He explained. "Aizawa will probably just ask for some information" he added followed by a nervous laugh.

"Aizawa?"

"Umm. Eraser Head. Our leader".

"He's more of a father figure than anything" pinky chimmed in and laughed lightly making the smile on the red head's face grow as a result .

Father figure? Like Dr. L to you. From the point of view of an outsider, you were his lab rat; but to you, he was the father you never had. You sighed "where are you taking me?".

"To our base, of course. And before you ask, no I can't tell you where it is for security reasons".

You hummed in understanding and looked down to your now bound feet. Once again, you tried getting out of the white tape. It was TAPE for fuck's sake.

Noticing your squirming figure, the black haired put you out of your misery "don't waste your time. You can't break out of my tape".

You groaned in frustration and sat there in silence. The yellow haired boy with a black lightning strike in his hair took a seat in front of you "Hey beautiful, I'm Denki Kaminari. What's your name?".

"Don't tell her your real name, you moron" the traitor asshole yelled from the cockpit.

The boy's expression turned into one of panic as he started freaking out "oh, no, I mean, no, I".

You couldn't help but chuckle "I'm Four".

"That's your code name?" Kaminari asked.

"Of course it is, idiot" once again blondie yelled.

"What's your real name?" Kaminari pressed. "I told you mine. It's only fair you tell me yours".

"It was your mistake to tell me your name. But regardless, everyone calls me Four".

"Even your friends?" the red head asked surprised.

"Yes." not that you had any friends.

"Even your parents?" Pinky asked even more shocked.

"Yes." You didn't remember your parents, but Dr. L always called you Four, so technically it was not a lie.

Blondie looked back and gave you a glare before directing his attention back to the front.

"In that case, I'm Mina!" Pinky introduced herself.

"Yeah and I'm Eijiro" red head said and pointed to the tape guy "that's sero". Sero gave you a quick wave. "And that's Bakugou" he pointed at the blondie, "but you can call him Katsuki!".

You only nodded in response but the Blondie growled out "don't you dare call me that!" And then in a calmer voice "We're here. Hold onto something, we're landing".

***

Work in the darkness to serve the light ⚔️