24.0

| CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR |***

***

NOT MUCH WAS SAID BETWEEN YOU AND BAKUGOU WHEN YOU WENT BACK TO HIS UNIT. You each locked yourself in your rooms and got ready to meet Aizawa. Normally, Bakugou would lead the way and you followed a few steps behind him. Even after you'd already memorized the layout of your living quarters.

But this time was different. This time, you walked next to him. Bakugou let his fingers brush yours occasionally without taking his eyes off of the pathway ahead. The small gesture bloomed a small smile on your lips.

When you brushed his fingers back, he mustered the courage to let them interlace with yours, holding your hand tightly. You cherished the warmth radiating off his body and the little squeezes to your hand reminding you that he was there. That you weren't alone.

As you maneuvered through the halls, both of you opted to stay silent despite everything you had to discuss. The small touch of your hands spoke plenty.

It didn't take long before you reached your destination. As soon as the door opened, your smile fell, brows pushed together, and your expression morphed into a one of anger, hurt, and pure determination to kill.

"What the hell is he doing here?" you spat through gritted teeth and shoved Bakugou's hand away to reach for a knife instead. The cold handle contrasted his warmth drastically and instead brought a familiarity you weren't aware you missed.

Cold blue eyes stared back into yours daringly, almost taunting you. Your fingers tightened around your knife. I am an assassin, a killer, you told yourself. This feels right.

In an instant you were lunging at Dabi with two knives drawn, one in each hand. "You're dead!" you screamed out.

With a sick smirk, Dabi brought a hand up ready to unleash his blue flames on you "Not today, doll face."

Before any of you could inflict any damage, Aizawa's scarves wrapped around your bodies, keeping you in place and away from each other, while he erased Dabi's quirk. "Stop it. You can go at each other's throats when we're done here."

Dabi chuckled before a victorious smug countenance took over his face. You bared your teeth at him and freed one hand. Before Aizawa could stop you, you threw your blade, aiming for between Dabi's eyes.

The blade cut through the bloodlust filled air but though restrained, Dabi was fast enough to dodge the fatal blow. But not fast enough to come out unscathed. The knife grazed his cheek, leaving a red line of blood in its wake.

"You missed." he laughed out, playing it cool but anyone could detect the waves of anger clashing behind his ocean eyes and if that wasn't enough, his palms closing into fists until his knuckles turned white was enough of a sign. Definitely mad.

A proud smile tugged the sides of your lips upward. You quirked a brow and licked your teeth "Did I miss?"

Dabi's brows furrowed in confusion but before he could voice any concerns Aizawa spoke up again "Bakugou. Keep her back."