12.0

| CHAPTER TWELVE |***

| CHAPTER TWELVE |
***

AIZAWA FINALLY CALLED A MEETING TO FILL YOU IN ON THEIR MISSION. This was it. If they were going to stay true to their words, you could finally leave tomorrow. They were foolish to think you would betray The Ten. There was absolutely nothing they could say that could keep you here.

Bakugou was walking a few steps ahead of you as you blindly followed behind him. Since your earlier interaction, both of you had opted for silence, only speaking when necessary. And even then, both of you used at most a word or two to communicate. The sound of your footsteps bounced off the walls, echoing in the empty hallways, creating a rhythmic sound that distracted you from the awkwardness.

This part of the building was new to you, uncharted territory. You made sure to track every step and corner, storing them all in a mental map to later sketch out, in case they don't keep their promise of letting you go.

You finally stopped in front of an unusually large door that opened instantly with a scan of Bakugou's card. All heads turned to you. Keigo, Touya, Todoroki, and of course Aizawa.

"Hiya! How are you, little feather? You're not having too much fun with our explosive boy now, are you?" Keigo wiggled his eyebrows playfully with a sly smirk.

You scoffed and decided to ignore him. He's irrelevant to you after all. "Well I'm here." You folded your arms across your chest and faced Aizawa.

"Ouch. Not even a hello?" Keigo grabbed his shirt over his heart and swiped a fake tear dramatically.

Touya's icey eyes were glued to you, a small smirk growing on his lips slowly.

Bakugou was watching everyone carefully. It was obvious he didn't trust Touya fully due to his villainous past, regardless of their current alliance.

Todoroki was as stoic and quiet as ever, almost disinterested in this whole ordeal.

"Right. Let's get this over with." Aizawa finally spoke up as he pressed a button on the table between you, popping up a hologram showcasing an array of files. Your eyes instantly found the one with your name on it. "First, what do you remember of your parents?" Aizawa's tone was exhausted, this time justifyingly so, considering he just got back from a mission.

Still. His question seemed unrelated to the topic at hand. "What do my parents have to do with anything?" You raised a brow in question.

A heavy silence fell over the room, the thickening tension palpable. Keigo was almost sulking, the wings on his shoulders falling low, as if heavy with guilt and remorse. Bakugou and Todoroki were looking down at their feet, wanting to avoid the topic altogether and leave the room if possible. Touya's eyes were still examining you; however, less intensely, a glint of sadness could be detected in them only for a fleeting second.

You looked back at Aizawa expectantly "Well?"

"I promise it's all related. Trust me. I wanna end this just as quickly as you do."