25.0

| CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE |***

***

IT TOOK A LOT OF TRIAL AND ERROR AND SOME BLOOD WORK TO EVEN REMOTELY UNDERSTAND YOUR NEW FOUND QUIRK. So far, you knew you could change the genes relating to your appearance, look completely different if you wished, which was extremely useful in stealth operations.

You could also weaken or strengthen others' quirks if you touched them once. Currently, you were able to hold the effects for a few minutes, but Aizawa assured you that with proper training, that number could be closer to hours.

Your quirk even had absorption abilities. It effectively let you steal other people's skills and quirks, including their intelligence.

These were all the ways your quirk was used by the Takeyama family previously and therefore easy to test.

The known moves you learned were: sleep touch,which increased natural melatonin levels in the target's blood stream; waking touch, which did the opposite; death touch, which utilized the absorption abilities of your quirk- literally sucking the life out of an opponent and disintegrating their body to ash; quirk snatch, which allowed you to steal quirks for a specified time- the less quirks you held, the longer you could use each one of them.

You knew your quirk was powerful, but never imagined it to be to this extent. Though it was true that the stronger a quirk was, the riskier were the side effects.

In addition to your time limit on almost all the abilities of your quirk, overuse of it could lead to dizziness, vomiting, temporary loss of senses, extreme pain in altered parts of the body, and in extreme cases: death. And that was only the information the Takeyama clan had gathered. You couldn't even begin to imagine the other possibilities.

You spent the rest of the night practicing and training with Aizawa and Bakugou while Hawks and Mei worked on your parents' research, trying to figure out how your quirk could be used to help the population.

Focusing back on the match in front of you, you dodged Aizawa's scarves skillfully, grabbing them instead and pulling him forward. The tip of your finger grazed his wrist and that was enough to deactivate his quirk for the next minute.

Right then, Bakugou came at you with a big explosion, but you were quick to dodge and throw a clean tactical knife that pinned him to the wall behind him by the side of his pants.

The whole thing took only two or three seconds. Maybe even less. But that was all the time you needed to tackle him to the floor the moment he freed himself.

In one swift move, he switched your positions, holding you down by the throat with one hand, squeezing enough to keep you grabbing at his hand. Raising the other hand up, he aimed his palm at your face as it glowed a bright orange "Ready to give up, yet?"

With a mischievous smile you batted your lashes "I don't know, are you?"

A look of confusion passed over his face before he realized what you'd done. Bringing a hand up, you let your palm light up, just as his had earlier, readying yourself "You better dodge if you don't wanna burn." was your last warning before letting an explosion detonate through your palm.

Bakugou had never jumped back that quickly. You stole his quirk. And now you were cursing yourself under your breath because not only the backlash hurt your arm, but your skin was not like his, and now a big burn mark covered your palm.

You stood back up in front of him, both of your chests heaving, breathless. He was about to lunge at you again when Aizawa asked you to stop for the night.

Bakugou clenched his jaw, yet didn't protest. But you were relieved you didn't have to fight with a burnt hand. Nothing you weren't used to, working through injuries was something you were trained for, but it was a discomfort you were glad to have avoided.

Before you could leave, Todoroki rushed into the room frantically, coming straight for you "what did you do?" The calmness of his voice did nothing to hide the anger and concern in his dual-colored eyes.

You looked deep down into yourself, hoping to find even an ounce of sympathy, of regret, but where you were hoping to find the tinge of guilt, you only found your drive for revenge and hatred for Touya.

"He got what he deserved." You retorted, almost sounding bored.

"What is it?" Aizawa asked as Bakugou shifted next to you, shielding half of your body with his in a protective way.

"She poisoned him. The knife was poisoned and the cut seemed to have been enough. Touya's dying. My brother-" Todoroki choked on a sob that never made it out.

Bakugou vaguely remembered Touya mocking you for missing and all you'd done was smirk. And knowing you, that wouldn't have been your reaction if you had missed. He shot you a side glance you knew by now meant you'd have to talk about this. But later.

Todoroki shook his head before looking straight into your eyes "what's the poison? There's not enough time to figure that out and create an antidote. There might not even be enough time to make the antidote even if you say it but I can't just sit back and watch him die! Not after everything it took to get him back."

Shoto's eyes were glossy, desperation evident in his shaky voice.

You stood there, silent, unwavering. You tried, god you tried so hard to feel bad. But Touya assaulted you. He deserved it. It felt right.

When Todoroki tried to step closer to you, Bakugou moved forward too and hissed out "I'd be careful if I were you." under his breath threateningly.

Aizawa pinched the bridge of his nose "y/n, I know you were raised at The Ten, but we are not in the business of killing here. Just tell him what he needs so we can all go rest."

When you hesitated, Bakugou nudged your hand, giving you an encouraging look and you cursed yourself for caring about his opinion. Caring about what he thought of you.

And all the determination for retribution and hatred was replaced by heartache and pain when you realized he would never like you. Not the real you. Not the you that found Touya's death just, that had no guilt or shame or regret for being a killer. Not the assassin known as Four.

So you told them. Let them go and save Touya, before turning on your heels and storming to Bakugou's unit, eager to lock yourself in your room.

***

Work in the darkness to serve the light ⚔️