18

Third Person POV

   "Kaden." Hadlee mumbled out. It was as if the world around her was slowly crashing around her. All the memories were slowly coming back.

  "You look, wow." Kaden said, his eyes scanned down Hadlee's frame before he looked at the two boys next to him. His eyes barely scanned over them before going back to the girl.

  "It's been a long time. You look great." Kaden said with an obvious smirk.

  "Over a year." She mumbled out, clearly uncomfortable.

   "I have to run but it would be nice to catch up some time." He said which pushed her to the brink of her uncomfortableness. She only stiffly nodded and watched him walk away.

   "Who was that!?" Clay asked obviously confused. Hadlee couldn't bear to look at him and looked over at Nick. He gave her a knowing look before he suggested they headed back.

    As soon as they got home Hadlee climbed the stairs and shut her bedroom door, flicking on the lock.

   Downstairs Clay looked at Nick with a confused and worried expression, while Nick looked up at the ceiling with a sad look.

   "Do you know who that is?" Clay asked. Nick looked away from the ceiling and looked over at his friend.

  "Hadlee had spoke briefly about him before." Nick mumbled sitting down on Hadlee's couch.

   "Who is he?" Clay asked, following Nick's actions. Nick was conflicted on whether or not he should tell Clay about Kaden. He could tell how worried Clay was but he knew that it was something Hadlee had to tell him.

   "I can't really say anything. It's not my place to say." Nick said before he stood up and walked out of the room.

   With a heavy sigh Clay put his head in his hands and pulled at the ends of his hair. He wanted to go comfort Hadlee but something was telling him that she just needs to be alone.

*************************************

   For the next few days while Clay was still in Texas she put up an act pretending that the Kaden situation didn't affect her. She took him places around her small town. She smiled and laughed with him. Although all of them were genuine smiles and laughs when she was alone was when she let her pain out.

   Sadly today was the day Clay was heading back to Florida. Both had been moping around and Clay had cuddled Hadlee a lot more than normal. Nick had said his goodbye to Clay the day before, giving Hadlee and Clay some time alone to say goodbye.

  Oh the way to the airport Clay held Hadlee's hand tightly. She looked out the window, trying to hide the fact that she was sad he was leaving.

   Walking into the airport is when it really hit Hadlee that he was leaving. She had gotten so used to him being there that she didn't want him to go. As they entered the waiting area and sat down in the seats she looked up at him. He looked down at her sadly.

   He lifted her legs and put them over her lap while she leaned over and rested her head against his inner shoulder. Clays arm wrapped around her and held her close to him.

   "I'm going to miss you." She mumbled. Clay smiled sadly down at the girl.

   "I'm going to miss you too." He said before leaning his head down against hers. Soon his flight was called and the two stood up to say their final goodbyes.

   "I will call you everyday." He said hugging her tightly.

  "I'm going to miss these hugs." He mumbled again. Before she even realized tears started to stream down her cheeks. He looked down at her before wiping them away with his thumbs.

   "This isn't goodbye. Just say I will see you soon, because I will see you soon." He said kissing her forehead. She nodded and smiled at him.

   "Have a safe flight loser." She said wiping her tears away as he grabbed his luggage. He smiled at her before they finally said goodbye. Watching him get on the plane hurt her heart but she pushed past it and watched his plane take off. After that she left the airport.

    As she got home she realized her phone had been blowing up. Twitter messages, text messages, Twitter DM's, Instagram DM's. Confused she opened her phone and went onto Twitter.

   The hashtag #cancelHadleeDavis was currently trending.

Kaden.Mark: The truth about miss Hadlee Davis.....