22

Third Person POV

   "I didn't think you were actually serious about coming." Hadlee said with a giggle as she let Clay into her house. He gave her a wide smile and instantly pulled her into a hug. She wrapped her arms tightly around his waist and just bathed in the moment. 

   Hadlee led the boy upstairs and into the guest room so he could set his stuff down before grabbing his hand and pulling him into her room. Instantly Clay knew what was about to happen and tackled her onto the bed which made Hadlee let out a fit of giggles. Music to his ears. 

    He smiled down at the girl before he laid down beside her. Her head fell onto his chest and their legs mingled together. His arm went around her waist and held her close to him. 

   The two had sat in silence for a while, just enjoying each others company. It had been a day and a half since Clay had told Hadlee he wanted to see her and then he just showed up. Hadlee though didn't complain. She knew that he would be the one thing to make her feel better about everything.  

   "I'm sorry about everything that has happened." Clay said pulling her impossibly closer. Hadlee knew that this would eventually come up but she didn't want it to. She looked up at Clay to see him already looking down at her. She didn't know what to say. 

  "I never doubted you for a second. He seemed like a messed up guy the day we saw him on Halloween." Clay rambled on. 

   "I am sorry for you had to go through. I am glad you had Tommy there for you. I wish I could of been but I'm glad you had him." He mumbled running a hand through Hadlee's hair. Hadlee smiled sadly up at him before looking back down. 

   "I was scared you were going to see me differently after you heard the truth. That's why I didn't reply for a while." Hadlee rushed out. 

   "Hadlee I could never see you differently." Clay said looking down at the girl who looked lost in her thoughts. 

   "Thank you for being here Clay." Hadlee said after a while of a silence. The boy looked down at Hadlee with a smile.

   "I wouldn't change being here for the world."