36

Third Person POV

   Today was the day Hadlee was going to be flying to the UK for Wilburs birthday. Clay of course didn't want to say goodbye to the girl who he had been falling for, but knew he had to.

   Hadlee was quite excited to go back to the UK since it was her original home before her family moved to Texas. Living in the UK is how she met Tommy.

   Hadlee's mom and Tommy's mom had been friends since high school but hadn't been able to see each other because they both moved away for college. The two had kept in contact.

  When Hadlee was 14 and Tommy was 10 the two mothers decided to meet up once again. Tommy and Hadlee didn't get along at first but when Hadlee's family moved into the same town as Tommy's they started becoming best friends. You could barely keep the two separated. Even when Hadlee was moved to Texas her Sophomore year they kept talking. Tommy's mom even got him a phone just so he could talk to his friend.

"Have a safe flight." Clay mumbled pulling Hadlee into a hug. Hadlee giggled and nodded.

"I will don't worry." She said shaking her head. A large smile on her face. He hugged her to him tighter before pressing a kiss to her forehead, making her flush red.

   "See you when you get back?" He questioned with a smile. She giggled and nodded making his smile widen.

   Saying goodbye to Clay was hard for Hadlee. She is course knew that when she got back she would see him again. He was going to be spending a month with Nick in Texas before Nick had decided to move to Florida with Clay. Hadlee was happy for them but was sad that her best friend was moving away from her.

As the plane landed Hadlee walked around the familiar airport. She had visited the UK many times before and each time felt refreshing. She often missed the country but seemed to make up excuses why to not visit.

"Hadlee!" Tommy yelled colliding with the girl, catching her off guard. Once she regained her balance she laughed and hugged the sixteen year old back.

"Tomathy!" She exclaimed. He grunted and rolled his eyes before smiling brightly at the girl.

"Come on! Tubbo and Wilbur are outside!" Tommy beamed. Hadlee nodded happily and followed after the sixteen year old. As the two made it outside she was instantly tackled into a hug. She looked up to see the familiar face of tubbo.

The two often talked on discord and when she played on the SMP. She considered him a little brother and loved him to pieces.

"Hadlee!" Tubbo beamed with a bright smile. Hadlee giggled and wrapped her arms around the boy.

"Tubs!" She said loudly. The boy pulled away and she turned to Wilbur. Due to her short height she basically had to look up completely to look at him. He laughed and walked towards the girl.

Wilbur had often talked to Hadlee about music which is something they both had enjoyed. They got along well and Hadlee considered him a best friend. Not as close as Tommy but close.

"Wilby!" She said with a giggle. He rolled his eyes and pulled the small girl into a quick hug. Her head barely made it to his shoulder.

"I'm glad you could make it Hadlee!" He said smiling at her. Her smile widened.

"I wouldn't trade this for the world." Hadlee spoke making the others match her wide smile.

*************************************

   Hadlee had met the rest of the crew back at the AirBnB that was rented just down the road from Tommy's house. The crew consisted of Fundy, Niki, Phil, and Techno.

   Techno is known for his cold and monotone voice took a liking to Hadlee. Not like a like liking. He instantly clicked with her and could sense that she could potentially be his best friend.

  Hadlee being quiet and giggly gave a calming sense over Techno and Phil due to the hyperness in the rest of the house.

   "So Hadlee, how are you and dream?" Niki asked while sitting next to Hadlee and Techno. Hadlee blushed a deep red before looking between the two.

   "Well we kissed." She mumbled.

   "YOU DID WHAT!" Tommy yelled coming into the room. Hadlee jumped a little from the sudden loudness.

  "Clay and I kissed." She said with a small smile. Tommy's jaw dropped to the floor.

   "Oh hell no! You are too young for boys. B-Boys have cooties! You'll get cooties!" He rambled making Hadlee giggle.

    "Tommy she is older than you." Tubbo said walking into the room. The rest of them following (fundy and Wilbur).

   "So! No boys until you are forty!" He exclaimed pointing at the girl who was laughing so hard she was wheezing.

   "Oh god she even stole his laugh." Tubbo muttered which made the rest of the group, even Tommy laugh.

   "It's not like we are dating." Hadlee giggled. Tommy shrugged before laughing again.

*************************************

   Hadlee sat in the middle of Tommy's backyard looking up at the stars in the sky, which was something she often did when at Tommy's. Tommy had an open backyard which made it easy for stargazing.

   "Hadlee?" Tommy questioned tiredly sitting down next to the girl. Hadlee turned to him with a small smile.

  "Hello Tommy." She mumbled before turning back to the sky. He signed before laying down like she was on the grass.

  "Are you actually not wanting me and Clay to get together?" Hadlee asked after a few moments of silence. Tommy looked over to the girl quickly.

   "It's not that I don't want you to date...." He paused. Hadlee's heart dropped. Tommy's opinion means the world to her and if he didn't approve she didn't know what she would do.

   "I just don't want you to get hurt again Addie. You were so hurt after Kaden... I just don't want to see you go through that again." His voice cracked at the end showing Hadlee the small hurt in his voice. Hadlees heart ached looking at the boy as silent tears fell down his cheeks.

   Quickly she leaned over and hugged the boys side. Although it looked more like cuddling due to them both laying down. Her head lay on his chest as he hugged her to him in a protective manner.

   Tommy had always been protective over the girl. She meant the world to him. For the longest time she was his world. He had never seen her more than a sister that he never had. Ever since they were kids he would try and protect her. To him, she was his to protect and he did it well.

   "He won't hurt my like Kaden did Tommy." Hadlee mumbled. She felt Tommy nod before he hugged her tighter.

   "I know I just want to protect you from all possibilities of getting hurt again." He spoke softly.

   "I know Tommy, but if I was scared her was going to hurt me I would have ran for the hills by now." She said with a small giggle trying to lighten the mood.

   "Promise me that if he hurts you, you will let me kill him." He said with hoping eyes. Hadlee giggled and shook her head.

  "No you can not kill him." She said making Tommy huff.

  "Then promise me that if you get hurt, the first thing you do is come here." He said quickly. Hadlee nodded with a smile.

   "I promise." Hadlee said before looking back up to the stars.