42

Third person POV

"So do you have anything planned for our final day here in Texas?" Nick asked turning towards Hadlee. The three of them sat in Hadlees livingroom at 9:30am. The boys leave
tomorrow early morning so this was their final day here.

"Uhm let's go to the park." Hadlee said with a smile. Nick nodded and Clay agreed. The three quickly stood up and began getting ready. By 10 the three of them were on the journey towards the park.

Nick was getting chased by Clay down the sidewalk at the moment. I guess Nick said something to Clay which made him playfully get mad. Hadlee watched them with a small smile.

When they got to the open field of the park the boys began sprinting. Eventually Nick tripped over something and fell face first into the grass. Hadlee let out a loud laugh as Clay chuckled. Clay helped up the grumbling Nick.

The three sat down in the grass and watched as little kids ran around chasing each other. It was calming watching all of them as they had fun.

   "Hadlee come run with me!" Nick yelled standing up. Hadlee quickly followed, throwing her shoes off and began running through the field. Nick right on her heels.

   After running around for an hour or so the three all sat at a nearby picnic table. Nick had ran and got the three subs from a nearby deli. The three ate talking about a bunch of random different things.

   "Did you know there are more nipples in the world than people." Nick blurted. Hadlee and Clay froze mid bite before they both sat their subs down. Slowly the two turned to Nick with a judging look. Nick quickly raised his hands in surrender.

   "Am I wrong?" Nick exclaimed. Hadlee rolled her eyes at the boy, a smile playing on her lips. The three were too into their conversation to notice the new figure to come up behind them.

   "Hadlee?" The new voice spoke gaining the attention of the three. Hadlees head instantly whipped around to stare of the familiar voice. A large smile took over her face as she noticed who it was.

   Without saying anything Hadlee jumped up from the table and jumped into the persons arms. The persons arms instantly wrapped tightly around the girl and held her close to him.

   "Zach." (For those of you who don't remember back when Hadlee took Nick and Clay to the diner she mention her in real life best friend Zach who was in the marines!)

   Hadlee pulled away from Zach and smiled up at him. He smiled back at her brightly. He quickly pulled her back into a hug. Hadlee giggled and hugged him back.

   The noise of a throat being cleared brought them apart. Hadlee quickly stepped away from Zach with a wide smile. She turned to Clay and Nick who looked at her confused. A certain look that Hadlee often saw with Kaden was in Clay's eyes, jealousy.

   Hadlee it on instinct took a step towards Clay who instantly wrapped his arm around her waist. Hadlee heard him take a deep breath before his arm relaxed around her. Zach watched the encounter with a raised eyebrow.

   "Guys this is my best friend Zach that I told you about! Zach this is my best friend Nick and my boyfriend Clay." Hadlee spoke with a bright smile. Relief washed over Clay as she introduced him as her boyfriend. He was afraid she wouldn't.

   "Boyfriend?" Zach questioned taking a seat across from Hadlee, next to Nick. Nick scooted a little more towards the end of the bench.

"Yes. I know it's so surprising." Hadlee giggled before turning to Clay. He looked towards her and smiled softly. Hadlee quickly leaned over and pressed her lips to his cheek before leaning back. His smile widened. Hadlee turned back to Zach to see him smiling at them.

   "I must go and see mom but we should hang out before I leave again." Zach said standing up. With a smile Hadlee stood up as well. Clay's arm fell from her waist as she pulled Zach into a small hug.

   "Bye Zach!" Hadlee said with a wave. He smiled at her before turning to the others.

   "It was lovely meeting you both." He said which the boys responded with you too's. With one last smile to the three Zach turned and left them.