43

Third person POV

Hadlee sat outside, her back on the grass, much like how she sat in the UK when she went for Wilburs birthday. She looked up at the stars as they glistened in the sky.

"Hadlee?" A new voice spoke bringing Hadlee out of her daze. Hadlee tilted her head up and locked eyes with Nick. Nick instantly picked up on the dried tear stains on her cheeks. His mouth dropped into a frown as he looked at her.

He quickly dropped to the ground and hugged the girl. Tears streamed down her face, soaking the front of Nicks shirt.

   "What's wrong Hadlee?" Nick asked after Hadlee's silent cries died down. She reached up and wiped her sleeve across her face.

   "It's so selfish for me to say this but I don't want you to leave. Just for the purpose that I don't want to be alone. I'm stuck in this stupid small town with no one around me. Heck who am I going to call in the middle of the night when I want to binge watch tv shows with someone. It's not like you can drive all the way from Florida to here." Hadlee ranted. Nick frowned deeper.

   Nick didn't say anything and simply let Hadlee ramble on. He knew she had been bottling up these emotions and they demanded to be let out at some point.

"You were the only person I have here in Texas besides Zach and he is leaving soon. I just don't want to be alone." Hadlee finished looking towards the ground.

"Hadlee you have every right to feel this way. You are allowed to have emotions." Nick said turning towards the girl. She tore her gaze off the grass and looked over at Nick.

"I wound selfish Nick. There's nothing around what I say that isn't selfish." Hadlee mumbled looping the grass through her fingers.

"Hadlee you don't sound selfish. I don't know how much I can say this to you before you understand. You won't be alone here. I will be back here almost every two weeks or so to come and see you. Or you can come to Florida. You won't be alone." Nick said pulling Hadlee closer to him. Hadlee gently laid her head against Nicks shoulders as they continued to watch the stars. Neither of them said anything, simply just enjoying the last little bit of time they had together.
********************************************

   "I'm going to miss you so much." Hadlee spoke sadly, wrapping her arms around Nick's waist. Nick's smile dropped as she pulled away. Without being able to move far Hadlee was quickly pulled back to Nick who hugged her very tightly.

   "Nick I can't breath." Hadlee said giggling. Nick huffed and released her slightly. The two hugged for a few seconds longer before they both pulled away.

   "I love you so you better stay safe while I'm gone. If you die who else will make me pasta." Nick spoke. Hadlee giggled before shaking her head at his words.

   "You can make your own pasta, but I love you too Nick." She said smiling brightly at him. Nick matched her smile with a hint of sadness in his eyes.

  Finally she turned to a Clay who was wiping under his eyes quickly. Once he noticed Hadlee and Nick were looking he dropped his hand.

   "Dude are you crying?" Nick asked. Clay quickly shook his head.

   "What no. I don't cry." He mumbled. Hadlee smiled softly and walked over to Clay and pulled him into a hug. Clay instantly wrapped his arms around the small girl.

"I am going to let you guys have some alone time." Nick mumbled before turning on his feet and made his way towards the Starbucks that stood in the corner of the airport.

Clay instantly hugged the girl even closer to him. He mumbled soft words into her hair as silent tears fell down her cheeks.

"I will be back soon okay. Or you can come and visit me." Clay mumbled looking down at the crying girl. She pulled her bottom lip between her teeth before nodding slowly. Clay's thumb slowly pulled Hadlees lip from between her teeth before he leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to her lips. When he pulled back Hadlee stared sadly up at him. With a small sad smile he kissed her again softly.

"Flight 38 to Orlando Florida will be boarding in gate 5." The lady over the speaker called. Hadlees heart dropped as she said her final goodbyes to Nick and Clay. Clay gave her another kiss before he had to turn and follow behind Nick sadly.

At the top of the escalator Clay had stopped. He wanted to turn around but he knew if he did he would turn around and run back down and never leave the girl. He wanted nothing more than to do that but he had to go home.

Hadlee knew staring up at Clay that he didn't want to leave. She didn't want him to leave but she knew he had to. She knew if he turned around he wouldn't be able to go back to Florida.

With a small nod of encouragement from Nick, Clay took the next step and began walking towards his gate.

   As Clay was finally out of sight, Hadlee turned around and made her way out of the airport. Silent tears slid down her face and dropped down onto her clothes. People looked at her with sad looks but they none of them cared enough to stop and ask if she was okay.

   As Hadlee got in her car she gave herself a stiff nod. With pursed lips and a hurt heart Hadlee pulled out of the parking lot of airport and made her way back to her now silent home.

   Ahhhh hiiii guyssss. I'm sorry for taking so long for an update. I'm going to be 100% honest... I just didn't know how to write this chapter for a while. Just kinda wrote a little but then stopped but hey I finally finished it!!