Chapter 19

Warning: This chapter contains mentions of death and blood, along with Pearl Harbor being bombed.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

As more bullets and bombs went off, the more I got trapped inside my own head and frozen with fear.

Questions continuously rattled in my head as I couldn't take my gaze away from the distracting scenery in front of me.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by someone shaking my shoulders vigorously, trying to get my attention. Still stuck in my head, but able to pay attention, I turn my head to the person who was shaking me, Loraine.

"C'mon, we have to go! We need to-" she was then cut off by a bomb blowing up. "Need to find Isabell and get out of here!" She finished.

I shook my head.

"Okay we well, but right now, we need to help the other sailors around, we can't leave them like this!" I shout.

She shakes her head.

"I know you have more experience on the medical field and older than me, but right now as my job as a Navy nurse, we need to find Isabell and get off this ship before we go down with it. I'm not doing this to be cruel and let these soldiers die, but they have defenses and we don't. All we have is ourselves and at least I'm trying to save you and Isabell, now please Emiellia, we need to go."

The more I thought about her words, the more sense it made.

I nod my head and look at her.

"Okay, okay, but we need to at least get them to safety and maybe to the hospital if we can." I tell her and she nods her head agreeing.

We then leave our spot and make our way through the sea of sailors as we watch them running around trying to invade and dodge bullets from the aircrafts above, we both have to watch as sailors are getting blown to pieces and shot into like paper targets.

The mental picture of all of this happening, was going to be permanently etched in my brain.

As we bee line inside and try to find Isabell, I saw a sailor cowering in the corner holding something to himself.

I stop and turn to look at him.

"Sir, are you alright!" I shout. He looks at me with pure fright as he nods his head, realizing I was a nurse.

I give him a gentle smile as I heard Loraine yelling at me to go. I turn to her and nod my head.

"Just go without me, go find Isabell, I'll find you again!" I yell at her.

Hesitation flashed across her face, but she then nodded her head and rushed off calling Isabell's name.

I turn my attention back to him as I gently move his hands to see two bullet wounds next to his liver and stomach. My eyes widen as blood started to seep from the holes and onto his fingers.

I look around and found that we were close to the room where Loraine was from the start.

"Okay, keep pressure on the wound, I'll be right back, I promise." I tell him as I get up wobbling a bit as neighboring ships were being bombed.

I went into the room and found her medical bag laying there as I grabbed it and made my way back to the man as he was getting paler by the second.

I open the bag and saw a bandages and other medical utensils as I remove the tweezers from the bag and gently moved his hands away from himself.

"Okay, it looks like the bullets aren't in there deep enough, but it's going to be painful, so do you have something to put in your mouth or grab?" I ask and he shakes his head.