Chapter 12

(Picture above from 'Dreamdressy')

Journal Entry #49
Tuesday September 2, 1941

A week has passed since Rafe has passed and to tell you the truth, it has been the worst week here.

Evelyn doesn't want to get out of the room, but when she does, it's only to use the restroom or get food.

To make matters worse, she's been crying ever since his death.

Every night since then, when she thinks were asleep, she cry's, but Betty and I can hear her quiet sobs.

But, that doesn't put the cheery on top of everything that happened.

Danny has completely ignored me, when he told me that we would see me last week!

I mean tell me that I being too dramatic about this, but he doesn't have the guts to even talk to me!

The nerve on some men!

Sorry, but I needed to write all that down, since I was bottling it up from day 1.

I told Barbra about it and she told me, and I quote,

"If a man does that to you toots, dump his sorry butt, maybe he'll come back apologizing"

I thought it was kinda harsh, but I couldn't lie that I did hurt.

I just hope that everything will clear up a bit.

I know things aren't going to get back to normal within a day, but we all need this break.

Anyways, my shift starts in a bit.

Signed,

Emiellia Rogers.
~~~

Journal entry #50
Monday September 15, 1941

Two weeks just passed and today marks the second week.

Currently, it is 12:45 A.M. and I can't sleep a wink.

Small improvements have been made though.

Evelyn is getting out of the room more frequently and starting to head to work again, and she starting to talk and smile more.

I'm glad to see my friend in recovering from Rafe's death.

But, one thing hasn't changed.

Danny.

He still hasn't talked to me and I'm starting to not only get worried about him, but feel heartbroken.

I tried to talk to Red and Billy, but they said the same.

'He needs more time'

I understand where he is coming from, but I just want him to know that I'll be by his side, all the way.

I'm just worried.

Or is it me being paranoid?

I don't know, but I should at least get some rest after all the paperwork I had to do.

My eyes were starting to heavy after two small stacks and the letters started getting blurry and blend together.

Also, tomorrow, Barbra, Martha and I are going shopping for groceries, since we are starting to run low.

I need to get some sleep now,

Signed,