Chapter 3

It has been 4 weeks and 2 days since we were at the hospital either passing or failing fly boys.

4 weeks and 2 days since I've seen that one fly boy with chocolate brown eyes and brown hair.

I finished up packing up my suitcase that I packed for New York City, which Betty was really excited to be there along with the other nurses, and zipped it up.

I grabbed my suitcase and made my way outside of the hotel room to see Evelyn waiting for me outside of it with her suitcase next to her feet as she gives me a smile seeing as I left the room.

"Did you get everything packed?" She asked me.

I nodded my head and gave her a simple smile.

"Yup and are you ready to see your 'Prince Charming'?" I tease with a smirk plastered on my ruby red lips.

She blushes and looks at the floor, a smile still lingering on her lips.

"Maybe." She whispers, but loud enough for me to hear it.

She looked up at me with her brown eyes with a serious look.

"Is it possible to fall in love with a man you just met even if it was 4 weeks ago?" She asked me.

I smile.

"Of course. If you believe in true love, then I believe that could it happen to anyone." I say.

Her serious look left her eyes and she smiled at me giving me another hug.

A minute of standing in the middle of the hallway hugging, we pull away from each other and grab our luggage.

"C'mon, I bet Barbra is going to think I'm trying to look like her." I say jokingly.

Evelyn laughs and we both head outside of the hotel, where our taxi and our friends were.

"What took you guys so long?" Sandra asked pushing up her circle glasses a bit.

"Em is probably trying to look like me." Barbra said.

I turn to Evelyn with a visible smirk.

"Told ya!" I say while putting my stuff in the trunk of the taxi that was taking us to the train station.

"You guys thought about me? That's so sweet!" Barbra said jokingly.

We all laughed.

"C'mon, let's go before our train leaves without us." Sandra says.

The six of us got into the taxi and we made our way to the train station and on time too.

As we were on the train to New York, I sat by the window, Evelyn sitting next me, Betty and Barbra sitting across from us, and sitting to the booth next to ours was Martha and Sandra.

We laughed and talked to each other and not going to lie, we were loud.

I was sipping on my coke and looking out the window watching as the scenery blended together as the train drove by when I was pulled out of my thoughts by Betty starting to say something.

"Saturday night in New York City, I can't believe it." She said dreamily. "Do you know what they're doing where I come from?" She asked.

Evelyn shook her head.

"Nothing, but cow tipping." She said.

We all laughed.

"You've got to tell 'em the story Ev." Barbra said.

"But it's such a long story." Evelyn says.

"We've got time." Martha countered.

"Em and I were there to see it happen." Barbra said to the others.

As Evelyn was telling the story, I looked out the window again and thought about how I met that fly boy while also listening to her side of the story.

One part of the story made me gasp in surprise when she told us that her fly boy accidentally said he 'really really licked her', instead of like you, but of course, he said 'like you'.

She also told us that he already had the shot that we are supposed to give to the pilots and how he fell and hit his nose on the supply cart and of course, she didn't leave out the part when Barbra came in along with me.

I giggled.

Then the story started to get romantic.

She started talking about that night where the pilot came back to the hospital with the tape on his nose and how they ended up kissing at the end of the day.

We all sigh dreamily.

"That's one of the most romantic stories I've ever heard." Sandra said.

"It's been the most romantic 4 weeks and 2 days of my entire life." She said with love lacing her voice.

I smile at her knowing that she has found happiness and love in her life.
~

The train stopped and we all got out of the train cart and when we did, we saw the Army pilots walking towards us.

I saw a silhouette walking towards us and we of course, stop early while Evelyn goes a bit further to meet up with the fly boy she talked about.

They talk for a bit and she was given a gift from him, then we watched as he spun Evelyn around and placed her back on her feet in front of us.

"I want you to meet my friends. This is Barbra, Sandra, Martha, Emiellia, and-" she was about to introduce Betty to him, but she shook his hand and introduced herself.

"Hi I'm Betty, would you happen to have any friends?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes playfully at her question, and Martha must've noticed and lightly nudged me with her shoulder.

I turned to her and we both looked at each other and smiled.

"Take your pick." He said and I turn my attention back to the guy to see more Army pilots behind him, but I also noticed the same pilot that was nervous, there as well.

'This night is going to be interesting.' I think to myself.
~
Thanks for reading!
Sorry it was another long chapter
-NewWriterOnTheBlock_
(Word Count: 997)
I don't own the characters from 'Pearl Harbor'